Rachel Jefferies MARCH 2019 Mixed Media Challenge + FEB Winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Rachel Jefferies, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

I blended 3 layers and then blended a top layer at the end. I erased parts of the layers to bring out the texture, I used multiply, darken and overlay blending modes. Really good challenge, I quite often forget to blend the background papers.

Dream,-Create,-Escape_cinziahart_Blended_Backgrounds_RJ_MM.jpg

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Creme-Caramel-Kit.html

mcurtt and dvhoward like this.
  2. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I blended the template background and paints from Tiny problems with Sacred Times Darkened. I recolored some stuff too. It was fun. I hope it counts.

[​IMG]

mcurtt, Rachel Jefferies and dvhoward like this.
  3. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Did a second one. I blended papers from The STorm Will Pass and added some matching paint.
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies, dvhoward and mcurtt like this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

mcurtt, Rachel Jefferies and dvhoward like this.
  5. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

I blended 4 backgrounds from Bring your own sunshine. 3 on the bottom and one on top using colour burn, divide and subtract. I really like colour shifts as they are unpredictable and can give interesting results. bringyourownsunshine_cinziahart_MM_DC_March_2019.jpg

KarenW, mcurtt and Rachel Jefferies like this.
  6. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you for the wonderful Challenge!
    I LOVE blending.....
    I blended 3 papers....and then some elements and the photo...
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  7. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the challenge Rachel
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and Rachel Jefferies like this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Love blending your wonderful papers!
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and mcurtt like this.
  10. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Honestly...I Could Create All Day With Rachel's Pieces...They Are So Easy To Work With & Blend So Easily Into The Design Of All Of My Layouts That I Create Using Her Wonderful Products...I Already Created A Page For This Challenge But I Wanted To Create One More...Since Blending Background Papers Seems To Be A Signature Of Most Of My Layouts...

*This Time Around I Wanted To Highlight The Wonderful Pinks & Blues In The Sky Photo That I Used But Light Up The Bottom Half To Show Off The Ground Below Also...& Show How They Go Together Like Poetry...Like Light...Like Flow...Like Music...Like A Smooth Movement...I Used 2 Papers To Create The Background & I Blended Them Creatively & Interestingly To Give More Uplift & To Make The Sky Look Like It Is Lit Up With Lights/Shooting Stars Etc...I Also Blended Them Into The Photo & Used Various Pieces Of Rachel's March Monthly Template..."Tiny Problems"...Trying To Go For A More Dramatic & Dynamic Feel To The Sky Like It Is Moving In Real Time In "Concert" With Or Against the Ground...Like The Wind Moving Or A Breeze Blowing...Nature Is Full Of Beauty & Amazement...If You Only Look & Reach Up & Feel It's Beauty All Around You...It Will Surprise You With It's Beauty & Fill Your Senses Up With Perhaps An A-Ha Moment Or 2...Or 3...& So On...

*For My Sky's The Limit-I Used:

*Sacred Time For Ourselves/Tiny Problems-March Template/Wildflowers-All By Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    mcurtt and Rachel Jefferies like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

(i'm a day late for March but i saw this kit in the sale and started pulling this together before the sale ended - it has 3 papers from the Cattitude kit blended in the background- the kitty face on the top left and the kind of diamon/houndstooth red print with the polka bordered main background (but i used a Just Jaimee brush pack to blend them so i also learnt to read the fineprint!) Sharing anyway, sorry to see so many great kits go in the retirement sale, if only there were more hours in March! And happy April everyone!
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  13. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

@bellbird Justine I saw this on Instagram this is super cute!! <3 Happy April to you too!

I've been flying by the seat of my pants a little through March and am a little behind, this will be open for two or three more days if anyone still wants to make a page for the challenge! I'll close it when the April challenge is ready :)

rchansen and bellbird like this.
  14. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Great challenge, thank you.
    [​IMG]