Pad Patter: 6/13 Father's Day plans

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amandajane, Jun 13, 2012.

1. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

Pad Patter: 6/13 Father's Day plans

What are you doing for your loved one? Did you buy gifts?

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

No big plans. Bought a few little things, nothing major.

Really exciting over here. :giggle

3. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Well DH is in desperate need of tshirts and shorts so we'll probably go shopping for that this weekend. It's almost as exciting here as it is over at Angie's..lol.

4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

We are going camping this weekend, so we'll be there for father's day. The kids are making dh a poster, and I'm going to get him some new clothes because he's been complaining about not having enough tee shirts or socks, lol.

5. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

We are going to his dad's house for a BBQ so nothing too exciting

6. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

No plans for his day.....since there were none for mine. (HA!)

No, seriously......I gave him his gifts late last month and I'll be making a 7-8 hour drive back home that day from visiting my grandmother. He'll just be happy if he can sit in front of the TV and watch a race.

7. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I'm going to my brother's house and this should be interesting/awkward. We usually spend father's day with my dad and my parents are divorced. But my mother pretty much invited herself and my grandmother over. My dad just split up with his 2nd wife so I want to keep these two apart!

8. tuttle

tuttle New Member

My Dad is coming up tomorrow & staying through Sunday. It was a last minute decision since I need his help creating more garden space and he's helping us move Grandpa's piano up here on Saturday.

Even before my Dad's unexpected, but not unwanted, visit was planned we had thought about going out for brunch after church. Partially b/c DH really like brunch, but also b/c he thinks he owes me brunch from the Mother's Day mishap. The place he called to make brunch reservations failed to correct him & tell him it was a lunch buffet. It was all I could do to not shed tears when I could find any french toast & sausages . . . lol!

But, as a super surprise . . . I'm going to the store tomorrow to find him a pair of Birkenstocks. He doesn't wear sandals b/c you can put a lift on them (one leg is 1/4 inch longer than the other), but he so wants to shed his shoes & socks in the heat & humidity. So . . . Birkies it is. Can't wait to surprise him!!

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

No plans. DH is anti-plan, so I try to let things slide for 'his' holidays. He always gets a little sad these two weeks of June with his bday and then Father's Day because he misses his late brother.

We'll have my stepson, so I'm sure the two of them will go do something manly part of the time like fish or mow the lawn. :giggle

Usually the only thing I attempt is to get a picture of DH with both kids.

10. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

DH and I are doing a massage and dinner Sat night and we will probably go out for a nice breakfast on Sunday. I also bought him some nice pants.

11. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

No big plans. We'll be gone every weekend in July so we're staying close to home this month. Probably just lunch or dinner out somewhere.