Pad Patter: 1/30 - Shaving

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

How often do you shave your legs? Do you give it up completely in winter?

I shave every other day, year round. Otherwise it bugs me when it touches the sheets. I've been known to jump out of bed at midnight and shave because it starts driving me crazy if it's been 2 days. That's just my calves, though. I can let my thighs go a bit longer because it's soft, blonde hair. Not too long, though, I don't want to look like a yeti. :giggle

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah... I give up in the winter mostly. I wear long pants to bed to avoid the sheets thing. Then I'll shave if I have to dress up or if I'm going to work out inside where I need to wear my shorter workout pants. Mostly we've still be going outside though so I have like three layers on and nobody can see me legs. :giggle It's nice to have blonde hair!

3. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I opened up the forum and saw "Shaving?" and I just had to know what you were asking. lol

I still shave my legs every other day, same as the summer. I would loooooove to get laser hair removal on my legs, though. Shaving is so tedious.

4. ayaandjudah

ayaandjudah Queen of PL

I'm a once in a while shaver for the winter. I need the warmth in these bitter cold NY winters!

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I run at the gym in shorts when the weather is bad, so I definitely can't be giving up shaving in the winter. :rofl

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

When I feel like it, which is almost never. I'm not rabidly anti-shaving or anything, I just don't care what people think about my legs.

7. Shivani

Shivani I live in an anemonemone. An amnemonemomne.

Phew so it is just the legs we are on about?!!! LOL :) I'm a hibernator in winter. You wouldn't want to meet me without my 40 denier plus tights!!!! Ha ha ha....

8. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

every morning or I can't sleep that next night. I've got weird touch things going on LOL

and this is just from the knee down. sometimes I go higher. It's all a feel thing for me and has nothing to do with what it looks like. I wouldn't be able to put tights on, pants, or anything on my legs if there was over a days growth on them. I'm also really sensitive to different materials. When I go shopping I have to touch all the material before I even consider putting them on. Just another reason my husband says I'm hight maintenance!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

I shave as often as I have time to. I'd shave daily if I had the time in the shower, but I am chronically late and my showers are so dang rushed the way it is. I also hate the feeling of any hair on my legs but I deal with it b/c I'm too lazy to get up 5 minutes earlier. :D

10. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I pretty much only wear jeans year round and I'm lazy.

Totally a yeti.

11. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

haha...I am lucky to have very slow growing and very sparse leg hair...I maybe shave every month to month and a half. In the summer, maybe every 2-3 weeks.

12. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Every other day for me. I work out in shorts daily, year-round, so if it goes any longer than that it totally shows.

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I am not a hairy person :thumbsups :nope:pffft

I only need to shave my legs about every couple of months and my underarms about once a month. I've always been that way.

14. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

After menopause my hair production greatly reduced, so not much grows and I don't have to touch up often.

15. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I love being with a group of women! Thanks for this topic! I pretty much don't shave my legs unless they are going to be showing or if I think they will be touched.

16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I have misfunctioning ovaries which, amongst many other delights, causing excessive hair growth - yay...

However, Winter time, I can't be bothered mostly, I live in jeans or thick tights - I just keep below the knees shaved. Summer time and I don't shave as often as I would like but have just recently purchased an electric razor - best thing ever - it has a emery pad thing so my legs are the smoothest that have ever been.

17. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I shave every time I get a shower. So once a day normally but if I happen to shower twice in one day I'll shave both times. Totally a sensory thing for me.

18. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

aren't you a lucky one!!!!!!

I'm daughter of Syrians, hairy people LOL plus I had lots of operations in which they injected God knows what I was told makes the hair grow, and plaster casts running from my toes to my waist line every year for 9 years.... so my hair grew a lot-
    In South America, especially in Brazil, as we are half naked most of the time :giggle we have a waxing culture (guess that's why there is one called a "Brazilian"! )
    My mum dragged the woman who waxed her to ours when I was 11 for the first time (as I refused to walk into the parlor)
    From that on, it was every month.....but I have to thank her she saved me from something they call bullying these days...the boys around would make fun of my hairy legs... so ...anyway.
    I used to wax every month and got used to it.
    With age, when you wax (not sure if it is the same with shaving) hair grows less & less, so I do it once a year...and here in England maybe even less so, as I'm always with my legs covered....
    but I have LOTS of hair everywhere....my belly, side burns, things like that, which I wax myself probably every two to three months at home....

It is so dreadfully expensive here in England, so I do it for Sarita too, when I'm well enough, otherwise she shaves every two weeks, she is blond and has less, much less hair than I ever had :)