Moving | Pad Patter 9.3

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 3, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I checked California north to south out of curiosity . It works, only north to south though. And points out just how big Texas really is!

KimJ likes this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Do you live within 18 miles of your mom? Or your partner's mom?
    My mom lives about 300 miles away. My mother in law lives about 10 miles away.

Do you live in the same state?
    Technically yes- but literally the farthest away I could be but in the same state. I grew up (family all lives) in western WA, I live in Eastern WA.

Do you live in or near the city you grew up in?
    No. Not even any of my family lives there still- close, but all have moved to neighboring small towns.

And my curiosity, what's the longest move you've ever done?
    Me personally, was probably when I moved here in Spokane from Olympia (about 300 miles.) As kids, we moved from Washington state to Hawaii for a year.

bestcee likes this.
  3. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

very interesting study! And I'm obviously outside of the average then!

Do you live within 18 miles of your mom? Or your partner's mom? Not my mom - we live 100s of miles apart. My mother in law, yes. But only because THEY moved HERE about 7 years ago to be near to us!
    Do you live in the same state? No - the only ones who live in the same state as us is my in laws
    Do you live in or near the city you grew up in? Not even close! I grew up in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Nebraska. I live in Texas. LOL

And my curiosity, what's the longest move you've ever done? I'm guessing it was either ND to NE or NE to TX. I'd have to find the actual mileage. I moved at least 16 that I can remember before I was married (12 of them being before graduated HS). My husband I have moved twice. I always said I was not going to do that to my kids - moving around to new schools all the time! The only school change my son had was when they re-zoned us. I was very very angry. Even though most of his friends were re-zoned too. LOL

4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

This gives me hope MY kids won't move far from me though. LOL

5. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

I'm definitely not the norm...
    Do you live within 18 miles of your mom? No, 350 miles away :( Or your partner's mom? No, 1525 miles away :(
    Do you live in the same state? No, I'm in CA and she's in AZ (MiL is in Canada)
    Do you live in or near the city you grew up in? I was born in a suburb of Los Angeles, and we're about 70 miles away

First, I've never been a military kid or adult, and I've moved 36 times! In my first year of life, my dad had some training for a job that moved us from CA, to NY, to MN, to WA, back to CA! As a kid, we lived all over CA some short moves, some from Southern to Northern to S CA then moved to UT, back to CA, then I moved to AZ as young adult, back to CA when married, and then next longest move would be CA to MS and then back to CA 8 yrs. ago. This condo we're currently in is the longest I've ever lived in one place in my entire life! 8 yrs! My shortest move was 3 houses down, went from renting to owning in a little mountain community in SoCal, that was next longest we lived in one area 9 yrs/but 2 residences (multiple evacuations from fires over those 9 yrs), we moved from there to MS for 5 yrs. and then back to CA and here we've stayed. And, it doesn't feel like we stayed in one place since we've had multiple water issues that have necessitated packing up large parts of the house for the repair, 3 times now. I'm slowly getting things back in order from the 3rd disaster on July 20th. Exhausting, I don't recommend any of it.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Holy cow! I'm exhausted just reading this! Wow! You must be a professional packer/mover!

Lisa B likes this.
  7. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

And I wonder why I'm so cranky all the time. lol

Karen likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:giggle

9. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

You always seem to come up with the most interesting questions!

Do you live within 18 miles of your mom? Or your partner's mom?
    Yes, My mother lives about 8 miles from me now, but before my father died 22 years ago they always lived right around the corner...about 3/4 of a mile.

Do you live in the same state?
    Yes

Do you live in or near the city you grew up in?
    No....I was born and raised until I was 11 in Pennsylvania. Right after my 11th birthday, our family moved to Mississippi and we have been here since then.

The longest move was from Pennsylvania to Mississippi when I was 11

Lisa B likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar