January 20: Photography Challenge | Through a lens of possibility

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 20, 2021.

1. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

I love your challenge! I took the picture through a stencil for painting ...

[​IMG]

AlyciaIN, G.J. and Dady like this.
  2. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

Photo through the windshield of my company car on the way to a patient today.

[​IMG]

katell, SeattleSheri, bjc and 5 others like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge !

[​IMG]

AlyciaIN, G.J. and Saar like this.
  4. jnac916

jnac916 Active Member

Oh, I have a picture from New Years (this year) that would go perfectly for this challenge. Would that be new enough?

G.J. likes this.
  5. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I'd no light and no idea after a days work so I took a shot through my window in to my totally black garden, I put the light on outside and I only found a pot with som plastic beside :) Sorry for that photo.
    [​IMG]

AlyciaIN and G.J. like this.
  6. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

I choose level 2
    [​IMG]

AlyciaIN and G.J. like this.
  7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for this challenge, I really love it! here's my take, full credits in gallery. Wishing you a very beautiful day!
    [​IMG]

AlyciaIN likes this.
  8. extase

extase Well-Known Member

9. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I made this photo last week in Ghent ... the glass of the bus shelter was cracked ...
    [​IMG]

katell, bellbird, bjc and 4 others like this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I hope this qualifies. I was sitting here this a.m., sipping my tea in my recliner. I noticed that the turntable tonearm and platter somewhat framed things. So I propped up a Bob Dylan 45 cover (read the journaling), and focused on the title of it. What I like about this is that it also shows a bit of the frozen, snow-covered outdoors. This may or may not qualify for a journaling challenge, I was a bit wordy. LOL!

[​IMG]

12. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I took three different photos, one through a toilet paper tube, one through a glass, and one through the blind of the bedroom window. Then I remembered that Pipa was probably sleeping on the terrace and maybe I could take a picture of her through the shutters. Luckily she was sleeping right outside the door. What I didn't expect was for her to turn around and present me with a pose worthy of the challenge. Thank you, Pipina.

AlyciaIN and trekmom like this.
  13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

14. threadjungle

threadjungle Well-Known Member

At first I was stumped by this challenge, then I started walking around the house picking up stuff and looking through it and then I had trouble choosing which photo I liked best. The one through the oven door was pretty cool. But I liked the measuring cup best.
    [​IMG]

bestcee, AlyciaIN, Smileark and 2 others like this.
  15. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

This challenge reminded me of several photos I've taken in past years of my daughter playing in jungle gyms, and a trip many years ago to the space museum in Alamagordo where my daughter and her cousin were inside one of the engines. So, I used a toilet paper roll to look through and capture this cute snapshot of my kitty. One thing, it really helped with blocking out the bright light coming from the window.

[​IMG]

16. AlannaH

AlannaH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! That made me think!

[​IMG]

katell, crazycat1126 and AlyciaIN like this.
  17. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

18. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I took a few pictures and couldn't decide which one to use, so I used all of them.
    [​IMG]

19. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

Oh this was a good challenge - loved thinking outside the box. I decided to try level 3 - shooting like I was inside a box of nuggets. An indulgence I best enjoy in the car between taking kids places and sitting in quiet. I'm sure I looked like a crazy person today sitting in the parking lot near Chick-fil-A this morning trying to get a shot I liked but I managed to get one I was happy with.

[​IMG]

AlyciaIN likes this.
  20. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Does the photo have to be NEW?

YES- The entire point of this challenge is to make you think specifically about the photos you take and hopefully inspire you to try something new. If you just happened to have a photo from 3 years ago that fits this challenge...AWESOME, I'd love to see it!....BUT NO...It WILL NOT work for this challenge. This challenge is not due today...you still have 10 days left in the month, so no need to rush into taking a photo just for the sake of taking a photo TODAY. I did 2 bonus LEAP chats this month...the first one on Jan 3 and the other on Jan 11. There is even a thread in the learning pad this month dedicated to this subject. I'm also hosting a technique scrap tonight for this challenge. So...we've been talking about this for the whole month. I have a list of people who attended the chats and I am prepared for their photos to be NEW *since Jan 3*....but other than that, the photo should be taken AFTER your read the challenge....it's not a challenge that you can just look through your stash and find one that fits. The rest of the LO is 100% up to you! This is a PHOTO challenge. I am being really picky about this because it is a photo specific challenge...but it's always good to remember that these are "challenges" and all for fun......so enjoy and feel free to pick out some choice words for my nickname

jenn mccabe, jk703, katell and 4 others like this.