I have a dilemma

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by kristina weber, Dec 20, 2020.

1. kristina weber

kristina weber New Member

So my family isn't celebrating Christmas until January 2nd. I have to work Christmas eve and the 26th, so we decided to do Christmas on January 2, 2021. I mean I'll do Christmas eve church after work, and then have Christmas eve snacks with the folks, who live on the same ranch. Then its just a light feeding/chores on Christmas. Then the 26th is a full work day.
    So I'm going to document Christmas 2020 in my 2020 photobook, even though it happened in 2021. And just do a project life spread in my 2021, documenting that week. To confusing? Or should I just put Christmas 2020 in the 2021 album?
    Anyone else have this dilemma before and if so how did you document it?
    Edit to add, I've worked 2 part time jobs since the pandemic started in March since I'm deemed a essential worker, we're practicing social distancing and wearing masks.

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Generally, I am literal thinker, but I think I would include your celebration in the 2020 book. I know we usually have a celebration with my parents and younger brother's family around Christmas, but it is often in early January. However, when looking back at the books, I am often confused as to where those pictures are when I don't see them with the other Christmas pictures. I forget that I put them in the next year's album. So I would put them in 2020 with a footnote that says it actually happened on Jan 2, 2021.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I document my weeks Monday - Sunday. So, January 1-3 will actually be in my 2020 book, not my 2021 book. Every year, I have a few days of the new year that are in the old book. I like keeping New Year's Eve and New Years Day together, so I leave it like that.

I think it works however you decide to do it. I know people who put New Year's Eve and Day in the new book or both in the old book. I think your choice to document Christmas in 2020 is fine - it's actually pretty on par for 2020 at this point!

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We're going to have the same thing this year, we're having Christmas on Christmas then again a few days later, from the 29th through the 3rd of January. I'll just document it all as "Christmas, 2020". To me, in later years, it won't matter that it didn't really occur ON December 25th. I agree with Bev, I'll probably put some journaling either on the front or the back of the page about the real dates, but maybe not.

Whenever you have it, enjoy and Merry Christmas!

P.S. I just saw Courtney's post. I actually do my Document Your December (DYD) THROUGH December 31st and include that in my 2020 (or current) year. Hope all of these things help you decide.

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Do you only do project life scrapping?

Even when I did a project documenting a week in my life I also did regular layouts of events and activities. So if this had happened for me I would have done the Christmas 2020 layout (even though it fell in 2021) and included maybe one photo in my week in my life representing that day in that week. Clear as mud?

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I think you could totally put it in your 2020 album. Just add a little journaling about how/why it was postponed. With 2020 being the way it has been it makes perfect sense that everything is going to be a bit off.

7. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

We are having the same thing over here! I think I'll put it in both...I'll probably put the full Christmas experience in the 2020 book (with the caveat that it happened in on 1/2/21). Then I'll put a one picture in my 2021 book just to acknowledge what a different year it was!

Donitab and bestcee like this.