Hello there from Okinawa!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by zenjen, Oct 8, 2014.

1. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the Lilypad:). I've lurked here before and even shopped and did a little scrapping over iNSD but then I got busy (imagine that!) and just never came back. But I loved the products here. So, I am back and have just spent a few days doing all but one challenge...I'm waiting my turn in the random challenge and I'll do that one too.

I want to say how absolutely welcomed I have felt in the gallery! For being an unknown here I have gotten many comments on my pages and even was noticed that I was new and welcomed to the site, how awesome is that? So thanks ladies for making me feel at home already! So now I not only love the products but the people too:heartslub

And my Mom scraps here too, maybe you know her, chigirl?

I live in Okinawa (a tiny island South of mainland Japan) with my hubby and two kids. Daughter is 12 and son is 10. I am a mom, taxi driver, tutor, housekeeper, accountant (ok those are just to my family, lol) and a for real yoga teacher, not just for my family, hehehe

But I am also a scrapper and so I am very happy to be here doing what we all love and I look forward to seeing you all around:)

Thanks for having me,
    Jen

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Jen! Welcome to the Pad! And yes, of course we know Judith/Chigirl. You had my jaw dropping when you mentioned all your jobs, until I saw that you were being sarcastic (yes, i can be a little slow! lol) ... so glad you are posting your beautiful pages & have decided to hang out with all of us. It is a great place to be for all of the reasons you mentioned. :heartslub

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

EEP. WELCOME! :happydance2

I thought I recognized those beautiful kids in your pages. We are so glad to have you and I love :heartlub your mom as well (have known her for many digi-years :giggle )

I'm so glad you have felt welcome and can't wait to see more of your lovely work at The Pad. Don't forget to join in the chats when you can as well... great way to get to know folks and there is usually a little prizey :whistle

This is a great family. We are looking forward to getting to know you better.

4. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Welcome to The LilyPad! Lookin' forward to seeing your pages and getting to know you! :)

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

duh moment! Seeing your pages and your mom's...so so glad you unlurked and with such enthusiasm too! I love the love here, and so glad you felt it too!
    WElcome officially!

6. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

hi jennifer and welcome!!! so happy you are finding some scrapping time.

Everyone, if you see us scrapping the same pics with the same beautiful kids, it's ok I really did not steal the pics (i was actually accused of that once in a gallery post). They are my adorable grand kids.

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Welcome Jen! It's great to have you here. I always love the mother/daughter scrappers...gives me hope for the future with my girls. :)

Again, welcome! Make yourself at home.

8. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Waw, Jen, pretty cool that you are both here and sharing the same passion! That must be pretty awesome!!! (Can you tell I miss that, lol?)

I know what you mean with the lurking part and the warmth you are feeling here.
    It's something I come back to everyday since it's sincere and genuine!

Have fun with us and I'm looking forward to seeing your pages, your family and your words!

** Hugs **

9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Yay - thanks for introducing yourself officially!!! Welcome!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome (officially) to the Pad Jen! So glad that you de-lurked and introduced yourself. The forum is just filled with awesome people and keeps me coming back daily. That is so cool that you and your mom both scrap here. So jealous about that! That would be super fun!

11. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Welcome!!! So great to have you here and super cool that you and your mom can share in this amazing hobby together!!

12. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Welcome! So glad you've landed at the pad! How fun that you and your mom are both here! Look forward to seeing more of your pages.

13. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

YAY!!! Welcome!!! I am so glad you are here!!! That is awesome that you and your mom both scrap!! I have known your mom for years!!!!

14. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Welcome Jen!!
    I live in Japan too!! Colder place though ;) Miyagi pref.
    I loved Okinawa when we went there for a few days about 7 years ago. Hubby had a congress but I rented a car and enjoyed on my own Nago and its surroundings. I was amazed by the color of the sea and also the weather even for an end of October time. lol
    Maybe when we go visit again we can have a scrap meeting there!!
    Have fun!

15. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome to The Pad, Jen. So happy you have joined us. :)

16. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Welcome Welcome to the Pad Jen!! So happy to have you here with us :D

My eldest daughter has just come back from a school trip to Japan and she loved it there! She took some wonderful photos, I will have to scrap some for here hehe!!

17. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

Welcome Jen! All the cool Jens hang out at TLP...so glad you decided to join in. :-)

18. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Welcome, Jen! You're going to love it here!

19. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

Thanks everyone again for the amazing welcome…awesome to see so many friendly faces:) To the couple of you with Japan connections, so cool…it truly is a small world:)

20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi and welcome to the Pad Jen! And so cool that you get to scrap at the same place as your mom!