hair | pad patter 5.26.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, May 26, 2020.

1. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I got the Bride of Frankenstein goin' on big time! I had to let my hair grow out because I was afraid to color it when it started falling out. (It's like small rodent in the drain after coloring.) Now that I've gained some weight, my hair seems to have filled out too. I would color it again, but I'm too lazy now.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

My last haircut was early March. I did end up cutting my bangs and they look terrible, but I don't think it's safe yet to go to a salon. I decided not to have highlights done when I moved last year, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I used to be a natural blond, but it turned dark after my first daughter was born.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't even know whether my hair salon is open at all. I'm not ready to go into the germy world. When my hair started to get too unruly a couple weeks ago, I buzzed it all off. What better time to experiment? I've always wondered what I would look like with no hair; now I almost know. Here are photos I took that day. I'm not going to keep it this way forever, but I love having easy, low maintenance hair! If you're wondering what I'm "supposed" to look like, look at my profile photo over there on the left. Though it's a couple years old, it's how I'd been keeping my hair for 3 years up until the pandemic.
    taming-my-wild-hair.jpg

keepscrappin and cinderella like this.
  4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I did a layout on my haircut. I can handle the length but those bangs.....
    I was so glad when I could get a shape up, wearing a mask of course.
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well I got a haircut right at the beginning of March and I can go 3 months before my next cut, so far so good. As for the grey, it has been coming for years and I just let it do its thing.

Now the son? He needs a haircut. I have cut my husband's hair for years so no problem there. DD cut her own recently but her's is a simple blunt cut.

What I desperately need is a pedicure - something about being old enough that I really can't get my feet close enough to my head to see them cause the eyes don't work as well. Still 1 more week at least before they open, probably more.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

go girl!
    I’m too chicken to shave it all off. I struggled going shorter at my last haircut and it’s finally getting back to a semi normal length for me at my shoulders.

michelepixels likes this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm... My last haircut was December. My cousin is my colorist/hairdresser. But, we/I have been growing my roots out since June, and she's painted the highlights I still left with Baylage. When I see her, whenever we open, I'll get it colored to all one color for the summer and see what happens naturally. I think I can count the greys on one hand.

It is the longest it's ever been in 15 years though. Almost to my bra strap in back. I want a bob next... but after the summer maybe.

I really WANT a trim and update to all one color though.

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  8. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

My whole family needs haircuts so bad. My husband shaves his head so he is ok but everyone else....YIKES!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I stopped coloring my hair years ago when the product I loved was no longer made. I tried a few other items, never liked it. And I've been cutting my own hair for probably seven or eight years. Thank you youtube. I also cut DH's hair. So we aren't anxiously awaiting the salons to open.

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  10. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I was a "get a cut every 4 weeks" gal and my last cut before the shutdown was the end of February. Then earlier this month salons opened, but my stylist decided to retire! I talked to a few friends and contacted another stylist and made an appt. I don't get color, just a cut. I finally got in this week and I love my short hair again! The new stylist is in a small house that she converted into a small salon. She is all by herself so it was just the two of us in there. She was wiping everything down as I came in...and we both wore masks.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I have one length hair below my shoulders, so it isn't a big deal- bad hair day- put it up! I do have my first haircut/color coming up. Color is not 2 years old, so I think I am due. lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm lazy ... I've worn my hair long since I was in high school and usually just jerk it back in a ponytailb\ b/c I can't stand having hair hang in my face. I colored my hair for a few years, but when it started falling out when rinsing out the coloring agent I decided to just let it go gray.

HavaDrPepper and keepscrappin like this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Y'all, I thought I replied to this! I cut my hair a couple weeks ago. Nope, it was a month ago--right after Mother's Day. DH took a photo of me on MD with the kids and I looked like I'd been hit by lightning. (And I had tried doing my hair, and until I saw the pics, I thought I was doing pretty well, sigh.) The pics are off my phone so once I'm on my laptop I'll post.
    I've also cut DS's and used the clippers on DH's hair. DD won't let me near her hair except to dye it funky colors lol. Thank goodness her haircut has been growing out nicely!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

This is my mom too - it came from her father. I, unfortunately, got my dad's genetics - got my first grey hair at 23! I am SO jealous. I had the "no gray lineage" promise of my mother's side, but got the "go gray early" genetics from my father's side instead! UNFAIR! hmph

I got an appointment for color on the last day the salons were open ... mid/to late March. So I got lucky there, but it's really time for a color. I have never attempted my own color ... but if we hadn't gone to phase 2 this week and seen the promise of hair salons opening very soon, I would have bit the bullet and tried it myself. My salon opens June 23rd - and I'm trying to get through to get an appointment to color these grays. Hopefully in 2 weeks - fingers crossed!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Our salons have opened up again so I was finally able to get a hair cut this past week! It was getting pretty bad!

keepscrappin likes this.