Guess What?!?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nativescrapper, May 21, 2011.

1. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Guess what happened? My laptop that I have had like for 7 or 8 years just died(tuesday) on me. I did a couple of CPR on it the last couple of years, and got it back going, but it didnt make it...bummer.
    Then on wednesday took my daughter to the airport in Phoenix. She is now in Japan, for 2 years. (Military) I already missed her. DH notice that i was a little down with my daughter getingt sent that far and then the computer thing. So he bought me a new laptop. YEAH!!! He is so wonderful!! I just love him!!
    Got all my stuff transfered and got it all going...
    ...but ... i cant scrap.
    My software is a little old and doesnt work with the new version. So i will have to wait a couple of week to get a new one. Hopefully it will be next week. [​IMG]
    Cant wait to scrap again [​IMG]
    So till then I just surf the web and check out the galleries [​IMG]

2. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

Yay for your new laptop! I love new tech stuffs! I hope you can get your software soon. I am sorry you are missing your daughter but what a great adventure for her!

3. Ams

Ams New Member

YAY for your dh!! so fun to have a new computer!

4. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

Yea for new computers!! You'll just have to have your daughter take a ton of pics so you can scrap them for her while she is gone :)

What software do you use to scrap?? You can download 30 day trials from the Adobe website of both Elements and CS5 :)

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Sorry about the wait, but it sounds like it's worth it! And yay that your husband thought about it!

6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

new computers are awesome! yay!
    you'll be back up and scrapping before you know it!!

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

That was so sweet of your husband and I'm so happy you have a new laptop!

My friend's daughter is in Japan too and has been there for about a year. She's actually working as a airplane mechanic in the military. She's doing amazingly well and is loving it! I hope your daughter has a wonderful experience too!

8. nativescrapper

thanks girls, its alot of fun :)

my daughter is also in the mechanic for the planes too. She just loves it :) She called and said shes doing good and not to worry about her. and its very beautiful there :)
    cant wait to scrap :)

9. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Awww...Cheryl. I know that must be hard to have your baby so far away, but I for one, being a military spouse, am thankful to my core for young women and men like her who choose to serve this great nation. I personally don't think they get the recognition they deserve. Tell her thank you for me...will you? :) And yay for a new laptop and a wonderful husband!! Hope your back up and running soon!

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Nice news about getting a new laptop, but so sorry you have to wait to scrap with it.

Does your dd get time to call or to Skype you while she is in Japan? I sure hope so, that might help make the 2 years go by a little quicker.

11. nativescrapper

she has been sending me texts and also called. She has liberty for two days. :) She is actually enjoying it very much. She has made alot of new brothers :) they even call and text me to say "hi mom" Its so sweet to talk with them. I was going to look into Skype., thanks for reminding me.

12. nativescrapper

She enlisted when she was 17yrs old. Still in High School too. She has been wanting to do this since she was just a little girl. Im happy for her :)

I certainly will tell her that you said thank you :) and thank you for your support too :) I know your hubby is hard at work too :) Thank him for us!!!