Great things that come out of COVID!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 28, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

MY MOM is moving here!!

From California to NEW Mexico!

she has a buyer for her house, and will be here hopefully by Christmas! She (me) am house hunting here, and she is ever so excited!

The fires in California a few years back were horrible worrying about her and my dad.
    With my Dad passing she is going thru this stay home ALL alone..I wanted to drive 1300 miles and get her, but.......................
    I didn't want her to live HERE in my house...lol

feel my pain?

so, she calls and says,
    "How would you feel if I moved to Alamogordo?" I have an offer and want to buy my own little house there....I laughed and told her, oh crap mom, I thought you were moving in with me...and I was scared...she said oh no, that would be horrible!

We talked for hours, she talked with her sister and a few friends! Everyone is on the same page and believe this is the right thing!

She is healthy and amazing, and is following our covid 19 quarantine book (I post first on facebook not scrapped yet, just photos and journaling)
    she saw, the great grands, and her grands, and it hit, we are her family....I am crying typing this...because I worry about her every day.

My family has gone thru craziness, and to see us coming together, thru a time we are all supposed to stay apart, is AHmazing!

Finding good in the midst of turmoil is what we as humans do...hope is our anchor!

~never lose your joy

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

:compcoffee
    (not that I disagree: on a personal level if I think about my mom wanting to live here I get sweaty and break out in hives lol!)

Oops, I hit post before saying YAY for her moving to your town but NOT your home! Have fun with all the prep--a great way to spend the days while you're cooped up at home!

bestcee likes this.
  3. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

That’s fantastic news Anne! When my mom moved back from from the UK she lived with us for the first three months until she found her own place. I love having her close by but it would be :hairpol having her living with us.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What an amazing blessing to come during this time of confusion and uncertainty. I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly!

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Anne, [​IMG]
    Rejoicing with you over this great news. Hope the sale of your mother's house goes through well and that she finds a great new home to be closer to you.

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That's great news. Having her close but not in your own home. Perfect outcome!

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's so awesome, Anne!! Such a blessing! I hope everything goes super smoothly!!

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What wonderful news, Anne! I'm so happy for you and glad that it worked out that your mom didn't have to live with you.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yes! That's great news. Hometown but not same house.
    We can all identify!

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

That is terrific news Anne.. so happy to hear she will be right there.. I loved when my Mother in Law lived near us.. about 5 blocks away... I would go down there, she would come up to our house, we would go out places together, and when she got sick, I was right there to help her. I loved having her close by. It is great to be close by family. I am so thrilled for all of you!

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

You have described it so perfect! We are a small town, but I still would love her to be closer. Thrilled is the best word for this!

cfile likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am sooooo happy for you Anne! I know how you have been worried about your Mom being in Cali away from you and this is just awesome news for everyone if your family. I just about snorted what you wrote about her not living with you and her saying that would be horrible. :giggle two chips of the the same block. What wonderful news to have her closer in your life, especially right now!

cfile likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well it is wonderful to hear of good things coming from this & I hope you can both find her a perfect new home (of her own!) nearby to give each of you your own space - near enough & far enough is such a delicate balance sometimes but this is great news for you both! Thanks for sharing it with us!

cfile likes this.
  14. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

That is GREAT news! Definitely something exciting and to look forward to!

I feel ya . . . I'm in PA and my mom is in Texas and I absolutely HATE that she is so far away. My weekly calls are now every other day calls. She has ZERO interest in coming back to PA and I'm not interested in moving to TX, so there we are.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  15. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I'm just seeing this, but that's such wonderful news!!! I'm happy for you, Anne!

16. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Wonderful news Anne! I hope you are able to move quickly to get her there. Then you can teach her to scrapbook about your babies!

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing! I need positivity! My mom and I cannot live together. We get along so much better apart with lots of visits, lol!

Karen likes this.