Going back to do 2015?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by KarenC, Dec 30, 2015.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This is me, too. I tried the 2 pager for each month in 2013 and that was SO.HARD. b/c I spent most of my time trying to decide what to cram into those 2 pages. In 2014, I got to November... GOTTA FINISH THAT.
    In 2015, I got to April.

My delima is that my 1st 3 months of 2015 are my normal "full of stuff" style and I didn't want to switch it up to simple, yet the idea of continuing was daunting. So, I'm stuck. Do I redo those pages or keep plodding ahead or table it?

My current plan is to start in 2016 SIMPLE, finish 2014 "full style" and MAYBE work on 2015. It may be a "lost PL year" for me, though, LOL.

2. gadgetgrltekkie

gadgetgrltekkie New Member

I will be working my way from 2011 while doing the MOC for 2016.. I hope to be able to keep up and at least get my daughters 1st year done. She is now 4 I am so far behind. I stopped scrapping right after she was born and I really need to get back into the groove.

RebeccaH likes this.
  3. jenevang

Go big or go home :giggle

Good luck, and ENJOY the memories :)

4. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

I hear you! I started out 2015 with a more complex style and got bogged down around March....in the end I finally decided to just simply to a basic block style with a simple background paper, lots of pictures and some journaling and not worry about the fact that my pages from the beginning look different from the end! I worked like crazy and just sent my book to be printed last night during a sale at Shutterfly! WOO HOO....I say, don't go back but don't feel like you HAVE to keep the same style the whole year....it's YOUR book, so do what works best for you!

5. Happy Mama

Happy Mama Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, this thread makes me feel so much better about my PL slacker tendencies! I love you all for confessing where you really are! Thank you!

rach3975 and RebeccaH like this.
  6. mleCard

mleCard Active Member

I'm working on 2012. I'm so far behind! It wouldn't be possibly except I uploaded my photos to a FB album with little blurbs about the pictures so I wouldn't forget. It's kind of fun to go back and relive those moments!

bestcee likes this.
  7. jenevang

That's a great idea re: the FB album. I have mine organized in LR but it's still a mess going through old years. I need blurbs, hehe.

Welcome to The Lilypad, BTW. Great to see you here.

8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

that IS a great idea!! I bet that was a lot of fun taking a trip down memory lane!

9. RebeccaH

Girl! I can't even tell you how many times I"ve changed styles midstream. It's all fair game. Seriously. Get.er.done. Whatever it takes. Whatever the style. I figure, once you turn the page in the album, the next page can be whatever you want it to be, with no obligation to 'match' the page before.

10. RebeccaH

THIS was TOTALLY my experience too when I tried to switch to paper / hybrid for PL. It was a hot mess. I got so far behind! That was 2013's PL... it's currently stalled out at about April. Oy. Will not make that mistake again. I have firmly come to grips with the fact that my part in the hybrid community is to sit back and admire other people's gifts and abilities...they are NOT my gifts and abilities, for sure!

jsutterfield4 likes this.
  11. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

I just got a silhouette cameo for Christmas so my plan (for now) is to finish up 2015 digital and then print the pictures, print the journal cards, and then print and cut the elements. Like is said, that is "the plan" :)

12. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

I'm definitely going to finish off my 2015 PL!! Like Rebecca, I am only about 1/2 through the year...but it's the farthest I've ever made it, by far...so I'm not gonna give up!! And I'm definitely going to try to work through 2016 as well!!

sberkan likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Y'all are inspiring me to finish! I love all the encouragement here :righton

14. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

This...I'm almost 1/2 done 2015 but I want to do 2016, too, because pictures NEED to be printed. Trying to keep it simple for both.

RebeccaH likes this.
  15. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I fall a little farther behind every year. In 2013 I finished the year by late Jan. In 2014 I did every week through 40 and a few afterwards. In 2015 I'm still working on week 34 right now. I've got my journaling written and photos set aside for all the missing weeks in 2014 and 2015 (though many weeks I have too much and have to keep whittling it down). I'll get it done someday. I hear all of you on clean and simple. I haven't done it that way in the past, but my PL layouts have been heading in that direction. For 2016 I'm planning on all white backgrounds, 2-3 fonts, and way fewer embellishments.

bestcee likes this.
  16. RebeccaH

I just sat down to make a checklist of what I need to get done for 4th quarter. I thought I'd go easy on myself by just focusing on October for my 1st list. Unfortunately, that list was pretty hefty. I better get my butt in gear!

bestcee likes this.
  17. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

^^^^ THIS, yes!!
    Pocket / Project Life scrapbooking is the best form of scrapbooking I've done as well.
    I LOVE looking through my books, they are just a true and accurate portrayal of life, and I love it!!

You can do it!! Just focus on clean, simple and DONE!!

RebeccaH, bestcee and NancyBeck like this.