Creating, Linking and Updating Signatures

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's because it's Friday and my brain is fried or i'm just computer illiterate but I CANNOT figure this out....

I saved my splices as three images but then what? if I upload them to dropbox, they upload as three separate images. And then at what point do I add in my links and put my splices back together?

Sorry for not understanding!

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@Mama Shades Once you have your files uploaded, you will need the URLs of the images themselves and the URLs that you want to link them to. Proceed to the signature editing screen.

If you are using the normal visual editor, click on the icon that looks like a landscape scene and paste the URL of your first slice image into the popup box and click insert. Once the image is showing in the editing box, you can select it and click the chain link icon. Paste the URL you want to link to in the popup, and click insert. Then position your cursor where you want the next image and repeat the process until you've added all of your images.

You will probably have extra spaces between the slice images. You can just position your cursor in the spaces and delete or backspace to make the slices sit tight together.

I hope that helps!

3. rubygirl

rubygirl Well-Known Member

This is the what I see for my signature. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    CT member for Sahin Designs & Designed By Soco
    [​IMG]

I think I'm following the instructions but I can't the image to display... Thanks for the help! I'm linking the image using the mountain box to a public folder in dropbox.

4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi there, I am thinking that Dropbox can't be used to host an image? Normally you would use Dropbox to store your files and allow other people to download from it if you give them a link, but it is not an image hosting site. Can you upload your image to your gallery here at TLP and then link from there?

myka and Karen like this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@rubygirl
    What Ona said - you need to host your image on an image hosting site - or post it in TLP gallery and use the bb code from that.
    Imgur is one I have used.
    Google image hosting site, most are easy to use.

Karen likes this.
  6. myka

myka Well-Known Member

I think I finally figured out how to get my signature to start printing, squeeeeeeeeeee!!

RebeccaH, Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@myka

You did it!!!! :cheer:circles:clappy:goldstars It looks great!

myka_yay.jpg

myka likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Adding this from another spot on the forum where I helped someone else:

Siggy details:
    - Signatures must be no larger than 600 x 300. I think that's pretty big, especially with my longer name, so I try to stick to 300 x 150. You can go smaller if you want, just no bigger than the 600 x 300.
    - Signatures can be png or jpeg. If you created a transparent background, use a png file.
    - Signatures can be linked to your gallery. They just need to meet the gallery requirement of 50% Lilypad product.

Updating your signature:
    1. (If your siggie is TLP products :-)) After uploading your signature to the gallery, simply copy the Share BB Code link.
    2. Look up to the right hand corner where your name is, and click on your name. The second link down is "Signature". 3. Click it.
    4. Now you will see your previous signature, or if you've never done one, a blank box. You can type in this box, or you should have an image from the gallery to use. Simply paste in the code from Share BB Code box that you copied earlier.
    5. Once you hit "Insert", you have the option of pressing "Preview" or "Save Changes". I like to preview to see how mine looks, but just make sure you hit "Save Changes" before you leave the screen!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! Thought I'd take advantage of DSD challenge for siggies... But did not expect this complicated way of inserting it... another site I use is very simple... just drag and drop from my computer...

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You can do an easy method too... this tutorial is only a bit more complicated if you wanted to have different sections of a siggie linked to different places... like if you wanted to link up to instagram and Pinterest and your gallery.

If you just want a simple siggie you just upload it to the gallery and copy and paste the image link into the signature box. Looks like you figured that out already though.

RebeccaH likes this.
  11. mkcdaisy

mkcdaisy Active Member

Here is mine

[​IMG]

RebeccaH likes this.
  12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

13. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart!

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

15. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

16. Lara

Lara Member

Test run for siggy

bellbird, Karen and cfile like this.