***CLOSED***WINNER ANNOUNCED Fast Five Game | iNSD 2021

Discussion in 'iNSD 2021 Party Pad' started by bcgal00, Apr 25, 2021.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? Baking cupcakes, making paper cards, reading & drinking coffee! ;)
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Summer road trip 2018- Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary, Waterton Lakes NP, Glacier NP- just SOOO much beautiful scenery & a super fun family road trip!
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do. Mother Teresa (Because I'm obsessed with smiles!) ;)
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? My office- set up so nice now with my 3 monitors & a pretty view out my window!
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Book: Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah Show: Grey's Anatomy

2. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

This is great, love learning about everyone.
    1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies?
      1. I am a cardmaker, it is my first love, I love the physical side of it, and paper and stamps are my weakness.
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when?
      1. Since our Honeymoon in 2009 we have gone to the same Excellence resort in Cancun, it's stunning and relaxing and everything is perfect. We celebrated our 10th anniversary there in 2019 and it was our 6th time there..
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why?
      1. Muppet Band Leader, from The Muppet Movie 'There ain't nothing to it, but to just do it' - that is my mantra, why wait? why procrastinate? just get on and do it.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why?
      1. hahahahaha I live in 730sqft in NYC, which is 2 rooms + kitchen and bathroom. So my fave part of the apartment is my craft/work desk
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it?
      1. My fave movie is The Godfather and I have just been listening to the book (again) on audible.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? - I do crochet, cross-stitch and bead stitching
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? - Wedding anniversary, walking up to a new sacred mountain in Italy
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? - We are responsible for the ones we have tamed (from the Little Prince)
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? - living room because we all hang out together here, eat meals, play games
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? - Zhelazny 9 Princes in Amber (book cycle)

4. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? reading, creative art/bullet journaling, photography and taking walks on the beach/woods
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? - Backpacking for 4 weeks through Europe in 1990, islandhopping in Greece in 1992
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? - Enjoy the little things and Each photograph is a story captured in a single moment
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? - My livingroom, at our large dining table in the sun with a cup tea or coffee, reading and scrapping.
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? - Book from Charlie Mackesy: The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse

5. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

QUESTIONS:
    1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? If being a mom taxi counts definitely that! But really, photography (currently mostly sports photos of kids games but love getting to take them of all the team and share with other parents), and I'm learning to knit
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Honeymoon in 2003 a cruise to the Caribbean - loved exploring, loved the stuff to do on the boat, traveling is the best
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" because it reminds me that I'm valuable, and I get to decide my worth not someone else, to consider the source of harsh words
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? toss up between the kitchen/living room because that's where we do most of life together as a family from watching movies, playing games, eating, conversations & my office space because I have a space to get away when I need quiet
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Not sure there is a favorite tv show/movie/book but currently watching Alone as a family & hubby & I just finished Hell's Kitchen

6. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? Theater, Dancing, Singing, & Baking
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? We don't really get to go anywhere too often. I would say but I loved the vacation we took to OBX! I would love to go back or to check out a new beach!
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? Lead with your heart ain't that the only way ~ Dermot Kennedy. Because Dermot is a lyrical genius...very moving!
    4. Favorite room in your home....My bedroom because I'm always tired! lolol
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? I love Lord of the Rings but have way too many favorites.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? photography, though I've lost a lot of interest in that compared to several years ago, and I also journal a lot, read quite a bit, and consume a lot of audio and video content (primarily podcasts and YouTube)
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? :think It's been many years since I had real vacation, and I have a bad memory, so I'm feeling perplexed by this one. Is it asking about trips we've already taken or places we like to go regularly? Either way, I don't have a favorite. I'm hoping to travel again in the future and find favorite places . . .
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? Wow, this is harder than I expected when I started. :lol2 I never have just one favorite of anything. Can I just share an image of some words that made me laugh recently? do not like greek eggs and ham.jpg
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? I guess that would be my nook. It's the space off the kitchen, next to the family room, that was intended to have a little table but the house also has a dining room and who needs two tables? Anyway, we are not a family that eats frequently at the dining table; it's used more for family games. So the nook has become my office, containing my desk and bookshelves, my computer and all my scrappy stuff, and it's right in the middle of the house, so I'm available and can see everyone. But it's arranged so when I'm working on my huge 27" iMac, I'm partially hidden and feel some sense of privacy. I spend more time in this spot than anywhere else in my house. The chair is one of our dining table chairs with an upholstered seat, comfy.
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Again, I don't have all time favorites of anything, but currently my favorite show is Tyler & Todd, on YouTube, a couple who were traveling North America in a RV they renovated themselves prior to the pandemic and now they're building an off grid cabin in the woods in Nova Scotia. They're funny and sweet and the videos are beautiful, uplifting me in stressful recent months. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZkGmgbBziqGCYI3x9hVQPg

8. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? knitting, card making, reading
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? BEACH - doesn’t matter when or where, but the Hawaiian beaches are gorgeous.
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? But as for God, His way is perfect. It reminds me to trust.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? Living room - it’s where we live
    5. Do you have a favorite tvshow/movie/book...what is it? Books and movies - Harry Potter - just an amazing work . Tv show - The Office, love the quirkiness!

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm just loving all the answers!!!! Some great quotes too that make me think they should be used in a scrap page!

G.J. likes this.
  10. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Fun game and always fun to learn more about each other. Here are mine:

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? I used to crochet and do needlepoint; however, photography and scrapping have replaced those in my spare time. I do like to cook/bake, garden and I'm also an avid reader.
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Best and most memorable family vacation was a two-week RV road trip we took to Yellowstone National Park. We visited many other sites along the way, but the best was the time spent in Yellowstone itself.
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? There are probably more than a handful, but when I first read this it was Robert Frost - Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening that came to mind. The line "the woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep..." is one that sticks with me.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? LOL after a year of quarantine NONE of them! Today, though, and as we move into a real spring, my favorite room is outside ... on our patio!
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? I've fallen in love with the show "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" - the costumes and atmosphere are to die for! I do hope there will be at least another season to come ...

11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

12. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I kissed Bart

13. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? - Figure skating, yoga, photography, learning Italian, reading
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Venice October - 2014
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? If you treat me like an option, I will leave you like a choice. One needs to value oneself or nobody else will.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? Living room - big window, hardwood floors
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Indiana Jones - The last crusade.

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

1: Other Hobbies
    Sewing and mixed media crafting
    2: Favourite Holiday
    exploring in Wales
    3: Inspirational Quote
    “If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest.”
    ― Corrie Ten Boom
    4: Favourite room:
    That has to be my creative space - the craft room
    5: Fav TV show:
    I do like Dr Who, and recently found I like Miss Fisher

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I never answered the questions, so here goes....
    1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? Aside from reading (digi books on my phone), I'd say learning on youtube (food nutrition, recipes, tips, organization) and spend a lot of time watching and making notes. I consider it a hobby b/c of the time I invest in learning and how much I enjoy it.
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Our first cruise to the Caribbean was so much fun, excursions, entertainment on the ship (comedy theme), gamblings, dancing and drinking in the club. I fell in love with cruising and can't wait for covid to end and we can start planning another one.
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? The grass is always greener on the other side. I told this to my girls many times as they grew up. Its normal to covet what someone else has or think they have it better than you do but until you appreciate who you are and what you have, you will never have true happiness with your life.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? My office is where I work, scrap, watch youtube and tv shows/movies on my laptop. I have 3 monitors, a laptop and a tablet in there. Its a small room but it is set up perfectly for me.
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? For books, I can't pinpoint a fave but I do love psychological thrillers, mysteries, contemporary romance, young adult dystopian and fantasy. I watch more series than I watch movies....all the Law & Order spin-offs, NCIS & NCIS LA, GA, New Amsterdam, Resident, Blacklist and so much more.

16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

• Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? In past years, many. Currently none except scrapping although I do have lots of supplies still around for counted cross stitch.
    • Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Absolutely loved my Western Caribbean cruise in 2010 but my favorites are always the ones spent with family even if it isn't a "vacation" location.
    • Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? "Money is 80% behavior, 20% head knowledge. It's what you do, not what you know." -- Dave Ramsey. I kept this front and center during my process to become debt free over 10 years ago being mindful that my behavior was why I was in debt. I've been debt free for 5 years and it is a wonderful feeling!
    • Favorite room in your home....why? My office. It has everything I need. The computer, a TV, and a couch that is comfy enough to sleep on.
    • Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Not really. I like a lot and do have some movies that I will watch more than once but no one stands out. Same for TV shows. As for books, I'm usually a read once and done but I have read the John Jakes series "Kent Family Chronicles" several times. I do own both the hardback and the Kindle editions of these 8 books. Guess it is time to read them again... been a few years!

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  17. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? Reading
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? The Bahamas in 2000 (the one and only family vacation we went on)
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt. It's good to remember that you are in charge of your feelings and no one else.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? The dining room because it's where I spend most of my day since it doubles as my office.
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Not really. I don't really have favorites in general. I might like something for a while, but not in perpetuity.

18. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

UESTIONS:
    1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? Yes! I love gardening and photography
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? Italy, July, 2014. A friend and I traveled for three weeks exploring different parts of the country. I would love to go back and rent an apartment in Lucca, and spend a month exploring just Tuscany.
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? If I am not for myself, who is for me? When I am for myself, what am I? If not now, when? The interpretations of this saying have been numerous since it was said in the first centuries of our era. And for me, the focus on If Not Now, When? is most important. Life is short - don't be afraid to live!
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? My kitchen. Because it's full of life, food and wine.
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? My favorite movie of all time is Princess Bride. Funny, witty and full of life lessons. And besides, who doesn't love Billy Crystal's line, "He's only MOSTLY dead."?

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? photography, hiking, kayaking
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? as an extended family, we rented a big house on an island with a private lagoon beach, 2 boats, ATVs - Summer of 2013 upstate NY/Lake Ontario.
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? Sky above, Earth below, and Peace within. (why? because I gravitate to and feel happiest when I'm out in nature, and this simple phrase makes me feel grounded.)
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? great room - it has the kitchen and finally room and is the center of it all
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Fave movie is probably Napolean Dynamite. never gets old. Fave TV show is probably The Office - again, never get tired of watching it. Too hard to pick a fave book.
    [​IMG]

20. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

QUESTIONS:
    1. Aside from scrapping, do you have any other hobbies? Photography, hiking, kayaking, traveling, reading.
    2. Favorite holiday/vacation....where and when? I have 2 - Alaska in 2012, and London in 2016 with my daughter.
    3. Favorite inspirational quote/words/poem...why? "I didn't get this old be dumb!" by me, usually said to my children when they were growing up.
    4. Favorite room in your home....why? My screened-in lanai. It overlooks a pond and I can watch all the wildlife that visits without getting bit by mosquitos.
    5. Do you have a favorite tv show/movie/book...what is it? Right now I love anything Masterpiece Theatre airs.