calling fans of scavenger hunts, silly things, charity, and/or SPN

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by michelepixels, Jul 13, 2018.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Edited to say . . .
    It's not too late after all! Misha extended the deadline to Tuesday 11:59pm! My team has 2 more openings.

Go visit the GISH homepage to learn more about it. There are a lot of things to see there, pictures and videos and testimonials, that give you a good idea of what it's about. There's a lot of silliness, some crafty things, some charity things, and a chance to make friends as you work in a team to complete as many items as you can. No one has ever completed the entire list, but the items have point values and creativity and effort earn more points. My team is not in it to win the trip to New Zealand but just for fun, no stress, focused more on the fun with friends and doing good in the world.

Original post:

Any Gishers here at TLP? Anyone want to join a fun scavenger hunt that supports worthy causes?

I finally made up my mind to participate in GISH (Greatest International Scavenger Hunt) this summer and joined a team last night. We need a few more members. Want to join us? The catch is that today is the last day to register! I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner.

GISH (formerly GISHWHES) has been run by Misha Collins for many years. He plays Castiel on the t.v. show Supernatural and runs the charity organization Random Acts. Read more about the charity aspect and the silly things Gishers do, and register at https://www.gish.com

If you want to join my team, connect with me Michele Kendzie on Facebook and I'll add you.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.39.54 AM.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Looks like fun Michele. Just saw this now though! I hope you got enough team members ... let us know how it goes! :)

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yeah, I didn't see this until now, either. I'd read somewhere that Misha Collins does charity work but I admit I'd never heard of GISH. Definitely keep us up to date cuz it looks like fun!

cfile likes this.
  4. mom2jackaia

mom2jackaia I wish more people were fluent in silence

I've been so curious what this entails since I heard about it a couple years ago!

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Drat, too late. Keep us posted!

6. michelepixels

The forum notification system has been lagging! I didn't see any of these responses until just now.

And it's not too late after all! Misha extended the deadline to Tuesday 11:59pm! My team has 2 more openings. @LoveItScrapIt @mom2jackaia @Tree City @jenn mccabe

Go visit the GISH homepage to learn more about it. There are a lot of things to see there, pictures and videos and testimonials, that give you a good idea of what it's about. There's a lot of silliness, some crafty things, some charity things, and a chance to make friends as you work in a team to complete as many items as you can. No one has ever completed the entire list, but the items have point values and creativity and effort earn more points. My team is not in it to win the trip to New Zealand but just for fun, no stress, focused more on the fun with friends and doing good in the world.

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

8. michelepixels

It's July 28 to August 4. All the details are at the GISH website. Today's the last day to register! My team only has one spot left. But there are lots of other teams with openings, and you don't even have to choose a team when you register; you can let the game randomly place you. Neat way to meet people around the world.