January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

You've made it! Here we are at the very last day of MOC6! We hope that you have stretched your creativity, learned some new scrapping skills, been inspired and even made a new friend along the way. Look around - there are nearly 400 of us enjoying this event during our 6th year of Month of Challenges. As a team, we're incredibly grateful that you've spent this month with us. We hope that you'll join us for our regular challenges in February and continue to spend time with us here at TLP. As always, I want to give a big shout out to @mrs2a50 and all of the Pollys. I am sure you will agree that their hard work in making this a fun and inspiring event is worthy of a standing ovation.

Now, for our very last challenge of MOC6...

As memory keepers, we're often focused on capturing a moment or telling what happened during a particular event, but meaningful stories also live between the moments in our photos. In this challenge, we're going to focus on comparing then and now. Ideally, you will use the photos and your journaling to explain what has changed during the interval.

Specific Requirements for this Challenge
    *You must have at least 2 photos, taken at least a year apart. You may have more than two photos. The photos can be as many years apart as you wish, but one year is the minimum.
    *You must have at least 150 words of journaling.
    *Your journaling must contain the words "then" and "now" within those 150 words.
    *Clearly mark the dates of your photos on your layout.
    *You must use scrapping products on your layout as well.

General Requirements:
    Your completed page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Here's an example layout with photos from my daughter on the first day of kindergarten and the first day of 5th grade.
    [​IMG]

2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YEA!!!! I was staying up to see this!!!

3. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Woo! Last challenge! And it looks like a fun one!

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Awesome! Thanks for getting this challenge up so bright and early.

5. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

OK... That will be easy... Shutterfly just sent me photos I put into an album 12 years ago of the Great Grandkids who have graced several of these pages when they were little... Kyler was brand new. My daughter always wanted to go meet he new babies within a month of their birth while they still "squeaked"! Did you all know babies squeak when new... for about a month... I had 3 and this information never came my way... See what we can learn from our kids!!!! Off to finish up today's challenge so I can start on this one....

6. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Love them and nows!

7. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I so love this!

lmccandless likes this.
  8. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Awesome!Tomorrow! I just have a few to do. :) Getting there! Thursdays are my new scrapping day this year, no work (at least not until 3:30)! Woo hoo!

To add to your comments above, this is my first ever MOC and the end of my first month of TLP and I've loved it! Thanks for all the positive comments and likes of my pages, for the challenges and the stretching! So many of these challenges I've never done before and were way out of my comfort zone. You girls are awesome. I've no idea how I've never found you before as I've been digi scrapping for years, but I have found you now! I LOVE digi scrapping! Thanks to all the admins and Pollys, you girls rock! <3 to you all! :)

9. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

10. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Thank you for a nice easy one, it actually allowed me to finish MOC despite the fact that I leave for the hospital in just a couple of hours. Really didn't think I'd finish this year!

[​IMG]

lmccandless, Mylinn, JillW and 12 others like this.
  11. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Always wanted to do this layout! Thank you for the challenge!!
    OOPS, just saw my two spelling errors. And I read this twice!!! Will fix later, I am going to bed!!!!

[​IMG]

lmccandless, Mylinn, JillW and 10 others like this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I was inspired by your layout and had the perfect comparison photos.
    [​IMG]
    200 words.

lmccandless, JillW, KittyY and 5 others like this.
  13. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

Great challange, i found photos from july each year 2013-2017 from our favouirte hike
    [​IMG]

lmccandless, Mylinn, JillW and 4 others like this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Up late tonight, and got to pass time scrapping. Thank you dear, sweet Laura for this challenge and well, this place. You make and keep it a safe place for us to preserve memories, create art and in the midst make friends that will last a life time.
    My page:[​IMG]

lmccandless, Mylinn, Joan K and 17 others like this.
  15. Stacy

Stacy Well-Known Member

The last one completed! WOOHOO!!! Now if only I had all the rest completed!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  16. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

@lmccandless Good morning!

Can you tell me when the 'now' has to be or does it not matter if the minimum of 1 year between photos is achieved, and does the 'now' have to have a photo so long as the minimum two photos is achieved (ie can the now just be within the journaling if the two photos are at least a year apart, I have two stories in mind but neither of which have a now photo - one is life without my FIL and the other is the break up of my marriage). I can think of other things, but these are the first two that came to mind where journaling would be a big part of the page.

17. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

...and that's a wrap! Thank you for the challenge and the month! Journaling is 170 words and since it's very small it's copied and pasted below my layout, below.

[​IMG]

In the first picture, Connor is a little less than a month old. Today, he’s fifteen and a half. As a baby, he was Connor, or “Little O,” (short for little Olsen), or “Dude.” We picked his name and his nicknames. Today, he prefers to go by Dante, a name he gave himself. Then, his cute little feet were only 3 inches long, and adorable. Now, he wears a men’s size 11.5 and they’re not as cute! Then, he was with me constantly, depended on me, and liked to be around me. Now, he’s distant, spending the bulk of his time online, at school, or with his friends. We bicker, a lot, and he groans about family dinner and helping me cook. Even though it’s totally normal and necessary for teens to grow up, I find myself alternately proud of and annoyed by his sense of self! He doesn’t know everything just yet. As his parent, it’s a delicate dance of holding close and letting go. I love you, Connor / Dante / Dude!

Mylinn, Joan K, JillW and 7 others like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Here's mine: Wordcount says 300 words when you add it all together.
    [​IMG]

Jems, JillW, beccasue71 and 6 others like this.
  19. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Wish you the best of luck for today and all days after.

20. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Couldn't you have one of when you met or wedding day and the last photo of you to together or just a recent photo of you alone? That would mark the then an now also... (in my head I see a ripped edge next to you...)