Instagram and Later.com users

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Aug 25, 2017.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Those that upload to IG from their computers with Later.com (to avoid having to add LOs with their phones)... do you know if there is a way to grab multiple images of a layout ( I have 4 photos of one project) & group them together in one post? I'm finding this difficult at the moment. Maybe I can only do that feature from my phone? Anyone know?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I was trying to figure this out as well. I did read in their Features and Improvement Ideas that they are testing a way to do this after it had been suggested a lot.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

OK... thanks Jan ... I guess it's on the horizon then ... appreciate the info!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:whistle
    I use the developers cheat, and that does let you upload multiple photos.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

can you elaborate ? ... or is it too techy? (pm me if you want).

6. bestcee

I don't think it's too techy for anyone! The instructions are browser dependent, and I use Chrome because it's easiest for me! This is how I do it:
    Open up Instagram. Make sure you are logged in. Then I use the shortcut: ctrl+shift+I to open the developer tools. It's going to look technical, but that's okay. Ignore the right side. Your curser will be a circle. At this point, I change it to mobile view with ctrl+shift+m. If that doesn't work, at the top left of the developer tools side is two icons: a screen with an arrow, and a phone in front of a tablet. Press the phone/tablet icon. Usually, my camera icon shows up, and I can upload like I'm on my phone.
    In the event it doesn't, I type my account in the browser: www.instagram.com/bestcee and the camera icon is there. Now I upload and write like I'm on my phone.

Dalis, Juliestcyr and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. bestcee

But now that I'm trying, it doesn't want to let me upload multiple today. Hmmm...

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I can't get an app to download to my computer to upload to instagram -- do you guys use this app from a laptop (Dell Laptop).

9. jenn mccabe

Thank you for the directions, Courtney. I appreciate it. Maybe they are messing with the coding or something ... I'll give it a try next time I need to do multiples. For now I just did it from my phone.

10. jenn mccabe

I use it on my iMac ... @bestcee or @IntenseMagic ...either of you use it w/Dell laptop?

11. bestcee

I used Later.com from my windows computer. The website version, no app. I just checked and it still works.

12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I am also using it on a Windows PC, just the website together with the Later app on my phone.

13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

So do you need the later app to do it this way? Or are you just tricking instagram to think you're on a mobile device when you're really on your computer using chrome?

Juliestcyr and bestcee like this.
  14. jenn mccabe

Yes, I'm sorry - I am using Later.com - the website on my computer (not the App) - sorry if I confused you @rdjrneace !! I'm going to change the title so it makes more sense. But Courtney is right - the Later website is what I meant.

15. bestcee

You are tricking Instagram. No later needed.

Juliestcyr and keepscrappin like this.
  16. keepscrappin

hmmm... I must be doing something wrong because I can't get it to let me pick a photo/layout to upload.
    I've done the login to instagram. https://www.instagram.com/keepscrappin/
    ctrl, shift I to get the developer screen
    ctrl, shift M to get to mobile
    but when I click on the camera it thinks for a bit and does a rainbow type line across the top while it's thinking and just put me to the instagram feed.

I'd love to post layouts to instagram, but it's not going to happen if I have to type it all in on my phone. I'll have to try it again another day and see if it was just something wonky this time.

17. keepscrappin

And as soon as I post saying I can't get it to work, then it does! Go figure! hehe Thanks for your help @bestcee Courtney.

Juliestcyr and bestcee like this.
  18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yep, I use the Later website on my Windows laptop (Asus) and the app on my phone.
    @bestcee really neat information. Didn't work for me either for multiples just now, but I will definitely try it in the future!!

bestcee likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

LOL Easy for you to say!! but seriously, one day I have to try to work with Later.

20. bestcee

I'm sorry! I honestly found that easier than Later! Because I kept forgetting to open the Later app on my phone. So, I like the instantly from the computer better!