New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Just saw your template page in the gallery - looks like you are shaking off the cobwebs and getting back in there! great to see! holler if you need anything ;)

3. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

welcome welcome to the pad!!

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome - reading and scrapping sounds like a lovely blend to me! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

5. Graciela1

Graciela1 Active Member

Hello all! I'm new here, and I'm glad that I found this site

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  6. jenn mccabe

Welcome!!! Glad to have you ... jump in, pull up a seat ... and let us know if you have any questions! :)

7. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

welcome to the pad, Graciela!!!!!!!!!!!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome to the Pad!! We're glad to have you here!

9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Welcome to The Pad, Graciela! You've landed in the best home in Digiland. The designers, store owner,admins, creative team (the fabulous Pollywogs) and community are like no other (IMHO :) ). We're a family here, so if you have any questions about anything, please don't be shy. Everyone loves to help!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    bestcee likes this.
  10. Kimberly_Wade

Kimberly_Wade Active Member

Hey ladies!

My name is Kimberly and I'm new to the pad. I used to traditionally scrap for about 10 years and then moved over to digital. I've been scraping digitally for many years... was a regular at the Scrap Orchard before it closed. I haven't scrapped in 3 years due to one of my twins being diagnosed with pediatric brain cancer and passing away Christmas Eve at 8 years old. I've become a strong advocate for pediatric cancer awareness and started a foundation to raise funds for research. I also attend D.C. Functions regularly, including the State of the Union, and have been able to pass 2 laws. However, I need something more positive in my life to balance all the pediatric cancer that I see. I'm starting to need to be distracted more. So I thought I would jump in head first again! I need to relearn some things and find my creativity but really looking forward to it. Although it seems a bit overwhelming right now. I'm hoping to make some friends also along the way.

Thanks for having me!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

wow Kimberly! you have had so much on your plate - i'm so so sorry for your loss, i can't imagine how hard it would have been to go through and then how many positive things you've been involved with and achieved following it is amazing to me. Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your story with us. I hope you have many happy memories to document and we're all a helpful bunch if you need help relearning this is a great place to be! Tag me with specific questions if you want (just type @ bellbird without the space) and I'm sure we can find someone to help (I'm in Australia, timezone wise and use Photoshop CS6 but there's people from all over, and quite a few both designers and members previously from Scrap Orchard like you, using a bunch of different programs so if I can't help someone generally can)

As to where to start with things being overwhleming, there's an FAQ about the site here but if it's getting back into scrapping in general that seems overwhleming, I'd say pick a fave photo and see where your creativity takes you (there is also a template freebie in the July Template Challenge - and one every month - if you are a template scrapper, sometimes that helps me get started design-wise & there is plenty of inspiration, as always with the (July) Scraplift challenge)
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/july-2017-challenges.506/

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@Kimberly_Wade Hi! Welcome to the Pad. I'm sure you'll recognize a few faces around here from Scrap Orchard. You've been through a lot of life lately! I'm sorry about your loss. I'm impressed with how you are choosing to honor their memory! A foundation and lobbying is amazing. I look forward to getting to know you better.

13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@Kimberly_Wade
    Hi, :bk
    How lovely to meet you, The Lilypad is an awesome place to hang out, the challenges are super and the folk very helpful and friendly. I am looking forward to getting to know you better through your layouts.
    I had a daughter die on Christmas Eve too, she would have been 23 this year, it's really tough...wish we could share a hug and a good cuppa.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

welcome Graciela!!!! as many have mentioned here, make yourself at home and if you need anything, there is always someone around to help. The community is fabulous!!!! Are you Latina or Spanish? asking because of the name, even though my name is Cynthia and I am a Latina so it maybe that your parents were like mine and just liked the name!!!!-
    but if you are, there are a few of us here!!!

I'm a bit at loss for words.... don;t think any words will express what can be said, but I am so so glad you found us. You are in the most amazing place in the whole industry :) This is an amazing community, more like a family to me, and it has been a healing force, my best therapy, (I am in very bad health, few chronic conditions, long story) and not only I have found here delight on the scrapping, awesome designers, amazing challenges to inspire, lots to learn, but also have made Friends with a capital F... I have met a few of them in person, but even those who I haven't have become almost family. Looking forward to seeing your pages! If you need anything at all, there is always someone around willing to help in any way possible....
    Super huge huggzzz and welcome to the family!!!!!

15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Kimberly, first ((hugs)) I will put this on my prayer list.

Second, I'm so glad you made your way here to the Pad! Welcome! I'm sure you will find many friends here as this is a very welcoming and active community! So happy you found us!

I look forward to see your pages in the gallery!

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

@Kimberly_Wade
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you've been through, but how wonderful that you've been able to do all that you have to help other children.
    Welcome to the Pad!! You've come to the right place for friends and distraction :) Jump right in and make yourself at home!

17. jenn mccabe

So wonderful to meet you @Kimberly_Wade I'm so sorry for your loss and all that you have been through. We welcome you with open arms as you jump back in and enjoy some creative me-time for yourself. We all understand how important that can be and how at times ... we need to set it aside as well. Anything we can do to help you navigate the site or the program you use ...please just ask.

And I in awe of all that you have accomplished and done for other children through your pediatric cancer work. You are an inspiration. :beat

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the pad @Kimberly_Wade !! So glad that you've found your was here and I hope that it proves to be just the distraction that you need from all life has thrown at you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am so impressed with your lobbying and that you've managed to get two laws passed already! That's really amazing! As the others have said, if you have questions as you're relearning feel free to post a thread and someone will be along to help you out. :)

19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome @Kimberly_Wade I'm so glad you've found us here at the pad. I hope we can help you get back into scrappin and that it'll be a great distraction for you. I'm so sorry for you loss and admire you for turning your negative into a positive for others. BIG HUGS to you.

As far as getting started you might want to go here and signup for all the designers newsletters. They often include freebies and special sales for subscribers. We also host some forum/gallery games each month in the scrapping pad forum. Right now you can play along with the July Lilypad Look a-likes game for a chance to win $3 to the store.

Just holler if you need help with anything. We're all willing to help and are so glad to have you join us.

20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Kimberly_Wade Welcome and hope that you get comfortable and have some fun here at TLP. Your story brought a tear to my eye and hugs to you for your loss. Hopefully hanging out here and getting back into scrapping will be fun for you. If you are ready to jump back into scrapping, try out some challenges, check out the gallery full of inspiration, maybe try some scraplifting to get you back into the swing of things....or just hang out and chit chat...it's all fun!