MOC Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by mrs2a50, Dec 28, 2016.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Questions about MOC? Post them here!

2. mrs2a50

Here are a few that came up last year, just to help you out:

Q: Do I need to sign up somewhere?
    A: Nope - just start scrapping!

Q: What products can I use for my pages so they count for MOC?
    A: Your page must contain 75% Lilypad product that is currently in the store (retired kits do not count toward the 75% requirement). You can use retired product, or product from designers that aren't at TLP, but the majority of your page must be currently in our store.

Q: What percentage to templates count as?
    A: Templates count as 15% of your page.

Q: Do I need to post my page in the TLP Gallery, or can I host my page offsite?
    A: Your page must be uploaded to the TLP gallery. You can post it offsite as well, but you should post your page in your layouts thread and the challenge thread from the TLP gallery, not offsite.

Q: How do I post my page in the layout and challenge threads?
    A: Once you have uploaded your page to the TLP Gallery, click on your page and there will be options for sharing it on the right. To share the image full size, highlight the box under "Share BB Code" (third on the list). Copy it, then paste it into your layout thread and the challenge thread. To share the thumbnail image, highlight the box under "Share BB [IMG] (With Thumbnail) Code" (fourth on the list). Copy it, then paste it into your layout thread and the challenge thread.

Q: Do I need to provide credits in the gallery?
    A: Yes please! You should list all your credits for your page, in case there is a question about whether the product is currently in the store. Remember, we do not allow linking to outside sites.

Q: Do I have to create a page every day?
    A: No, you just have to have all your pages completed AND uploaded to your layouts thread by 11:59 pm Eastern on February 2.

Q: I didn't hear about MOC until after January 1. Can I still participate?
    A: Absolutely! You can go back as far as you need and create pages for earlier days!

bellbird likes this.
  3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Q: Do I need to post my page in the TLP Gallery, or can I host my page offsite?
    A: Your page must be uploaded to the TLP gallery. You can post it offsite as well, but you should post your page in your layouts thread and the challenge thread from the TLP gallery, not offsite.

WHERE in the TLP gallery do we post our layouts
    (when I click on the sample for the first challenge, it is trying to take me to photobucket.)

4. mrs2a50

We will have a MOC gallery up soon. In the meantime you can post in the member gallery. My first challenge page is up on my photobucket account because I couldn't post it to the gallery ahead of time without giving it away. Future hosted challenge pages may be the same.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i didn't read first, and created a thread before my page 1 was started
    please delete it, and i sorry i didn't follow instructions

6. mrs2a50

It's okay Cath! Just edit your first post to put your first page in, and you'll be fine!

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I updated my Jan 1 page but the bb code still shows the earlier page. Any suggestions on that?

8. mrs2a50

@cookingmylife - try refreshing, or logging out of the forum and logging back in. It's probably a cache thing.

9. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I am wondering about using some of Tangie's products for MOC. There are several workshops (and The Vault) for sale in Tangie's store. Are the downloads that came with the workshops okay to use (I am guessing yes) and as far as The Vault, is everything in there considered "current" product for sale in the store since The Vault is being sold at The Lilypad?

Thank you!

10. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

You can find the MOC gallery here:
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/categories/month-of-challenges-5.1157/

11. mrs2a50

Yes to both :)

mollyscraps likes this.
  12. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

Just to clarify - may the "layouts" be something other than a 12 x 12? Could they be 8.5 x 11 or ATCs or hybrid for example?

13. mrs2a50

As long as they conform to the guidelines of each challenge, you can do digital, hybrid, any size, whatever works for you!

Joan K likes this.
  14. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

Perfect - thanks for the quick reply.

15. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Since I posted my layout in the category for MOC5, every time someone uploads one, it gives me an alert because I am following the category... Is there a way to unfollow the category or to not follow the when I upload a layout to a category? I think over the course of the month, it will end up to be a HUGE amount of alerts, lol...

Thanks!!
    Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

16. mrs2a50

@AliSarah - Sarah, at the top right of the forum, click on your user name. It should bring up a dropdown. Click on Preferences. Under options, you want to UNCHECK the box that says "Automatically watch categories that you add media to..." (4th one down). You may need to go into the gallery as well. Along the grey bar at the top, click "Watched content" and choose "Watched categories." Uncheck any categories that you do NOT want alerts for.

17. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Oh i just did my links to kits in store and i forgot to ask. Is recoloring of a element allowed.? (the paint was the wrong shade of green)

angiekey likes this.
  18. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Awesome, thanks!! :D

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

19. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

What time are the *new* daily challenges usually posted? Just out of curiosity :D

20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It will vary depending on the location of challenge host, but each one will do their best to have them up as early as possible. :)

bjthomas likes this.