Summer heat wave

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Jul 13, 2014.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

What do you do to cool off during a heat wave?

I filled the tub with a few inches of water and me and Taz get in and splash around for a few minutes to cool off. I have a big fluffy towel folded and lying on the floor just outside the tub so we can get the wetness off the bottom of my feet and his paws. It feels so good. We've done it about 7 times today and I'm about to go upstairs and do it again!

2. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Pump the AC down to 70 and cuddle under a blanket. Lol

3. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

That ... except I don't cuddle under a blanket, I prefer the coolness of a sheet. :)

4. hamommy

hamommy New Member

Same here! I love the feeling of a sheet. But then if im freezing in the early morning, ill grab my comforter and curl under that!
    Its so hot and sticky here. We have had enough rain, hope we dont flood, again. ugh.

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I think next summer we might have to look into getting an air conditioner. I always thought it was a waste of time here as we don't often get many days in a row of high temps but this summer may change my mind....and yikes.....we still have another 6 wks of potentially scorching temps. I may just go live in my bathtub :)

6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Living in Texas, not having an ac is NOT an option. It is a necessity. It was 90F in the shade at 8am this morning.
    We spend a lot of time in the pool. I also take coolish showers to stay cool. Mostly staying inside where it is nice and comfy.

I also sleep only with a sheet. It's too hot for snuggling and def too hot for extra blankets.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I get outside and sweat haha. Our hottest days are in the 90F range and most summer days are in the 80s, and that's fine by me. I would rather have that any day over the winter weather. And if I get too hot...that's what the water hose is for :) I just cannot make myself stay inside when it's hot outside. I keep thinking about all the days in the winter when I'll have no choice.

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It's so hot and sticky and yet Taz is laying in my lap like a little heating blanket.

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Pool :)

We have a Polar Vortex coming this week. What's that about? LOL

10. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Now that sounds like my kind of plan!

11. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

Endure. I hate the heat. I would love to live somewhere where it's in the 60s and 70s year round. I don't sleep well at all when it's so hot.

12. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Turn the a/c down! I couldn't imagine living with out a/c in Florida.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  13. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Yes! Us too! Like 60s/70s all week. I. can't. wait!!! Besides the fact that I get summers off, I'm not a fan of them. I'll take winter weather over 90s/100s any day!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  14. ledamperry

ledamperry Named by her crazy father

Trista, I'm in Texas too! Ft. worth - sounds like we are going to get a break this week!

15. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

turn on the A/C full blast … and have minimal clothes on (oopphss!!)

16. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

We are in Oklahoma which has given us a much milder than normal summer, but i would maybe die if we didn't have air. I hate to be hot. I force myself to keep the air turned up to 76-77 during the day, but at night, it goes down to 71.

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Man, it was hot last night. I laid on top of the bed with just a skimpy spaghetti strapped tee on and just boiled. There was just a small tiny breeze coming in that didn't even make it across the bed to my legs. I felt like heating pads were strapped onto them....ugh. At least the basement is a bit cooler or should I say just a little less hot LOL. Whew....this is a record breaking heat wave for Vancouver for sure.

18. AmyG

AmyG Member

Right? It was 92 at 10pm last night. At. Night. Thank goodness we get a break this week!

19. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I hide out in the Air-con or go over to my friends house because they have a pool hehe

20. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

It's not that often we have a heat wave so we just bask it up