SEPTEMPER --- Personal Shopper...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Dalis, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I always thought that my BIGGEST vocation in life was a personal shopper. Hubby hates when I am at a store and start helping complete strangers to pick something. Or stop and tell someone: "you should get that, it brings out your eyes". Like he seriously thinks I am wasting my calling by not being a personal shopper. LOL!!!

So, I ask you... anything you have been looking for to scrap and haven't because you haven't found the PERFECT kit or even element?

ASK AWAY... for your and MY pleasure!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Me, me,me! :pray

Okay- it's september, and at the end of september, the new season of "The Mentalist" begins (and yes, I KNOW how annoying I am :whistle). "The Mentalist" is the show about the guy who is utterly obsessed with catching (and killing) the serial killer who murdered his wife and child. So I'm always looking for dark, broken, sad, depressive stuff to scrap about this... halloween works sometimes, too, but not the cutesy kind!
    I'm also a shipper (= rooting for Jane and Lisbon to end up together somewhere down the road- VERY MUCH :yesss!!!), so I need love-kits, too, not the happy peppy hearts and flowers, but again the dark, passionate, heart-broken, sad kind of stuff- you get the general idea.

I know, not a pretty task, but I would be SO GLAD if you could help me! It's definitely time to fill my stash with new depressive goodies... THANK YOU!

3. Dalis

OMG... Maja, I love dark kits too.... It will be awesome to find some for you. I know exactly where to stand looking for.

4. Dalis

Let's start with some lovely items.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I believe every EMO scrapper NEEDS this kit:
    [​IMG]
    and this...
    [​IMG]
    and this...
    [​IMG]
    and this...
    [​IMG]https://the-lilypad.com/store/The-Notebooks.html
    Now these bags I need and I think they are just cool. They would be awesome for putting little snippets of hopes and dreams or really bad words inside, won't you think?
    [​IMG]

ok.... that is only from Kim's store..... so get ready more to come. I told ya' I like EMO stuff.

5. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Hmmm. My mother, daughter & I just went to the Nethercutt museum this morning. Tons of gorgeous classic cars, rare cars, you name -- even a 1914 fire engine from Somerville MA! I haven't searched the store yet, but would you have any suggestions, Dalis?

6. Dalis

I think I have something.

7. Nixenkind

OH MY GOD, these are already awesome!!! :heartslub
    Totally going to need them all... thank you so much! I can NEVER have enough Emo stuff, and I would never find all the treasures myself...

8. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Okay I've got something for you.

My husband attempted and completed the Triple Atomic Challenge at Quaker Steak & Lube. I need something to scrap it with- spicy, hot, man card type stuff.

9. Dalis

I am so glad you like it all! I still need to check a few more designers. I know there is a few from Allison that are perfect for what you are looking for.

Ok, this one is a good one too. I have to go check the link.

10. Dalis

I can't find any antique car kits, I think they were retired at some moment, but I found some kits that I think would work.

This one has a vintage feel and a grunge factor a slight car/travel related theme.
    [​IMG]

Now, the other way I thought you could scrap those pictures was give it a vintage flair look and use some of these metal clips to hold the pictures. Maybe make the pictures sepia or b/w for a softer look. I did pick some kits that may be a bit more feminine for the fact that it was a 3 Generation of wonderful women on a trip together to the museum.
    Seriously, these are so cool!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These one is pretty "themed", but I just love the antique feel and those amazing metal flowers that you can work in your favor of a automotive theme.
    [​IMG]

Of course you could just add some antique elements to some of your kits that you already have in your stash. I personally love these:
    This first set is a bundle, but you can get any of the sets separately.
    [​IMG]
    Hmmm... You even may have this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Dalis

Maja, just found this one. I think this was is dark but the neutral colors makes it perfect for almost anything!!! BTW. It is in my cart right now, because I love kits like this one that I can use over and over. I think I am going to base my Art Journaling page on it.
    [​IMG]

12. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Dalis, I would NEVER have thought of those particular kits, but wow, I think you nailed the tone I was going for. *Love those metallic flowers! You truly are a Master Shopper!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  13. Dalis

YAY! I am so happy some of these might work for you!

14. Nixenkind

This looks WONDERFUL, and will work great! Thank you so much for your effort... this is GREAT stuff already!!!

15. Dalis

OMG, Kristin, How about this bundle from Michelle?
    [​IMG]
    You could add some of these in there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dalis

Ok, Maja just a few more, because I told ya' I am an EMO scrapper too... LOL!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Nixenkind

These are all GORGEOUS, thank you so much! I will shop til I drop and feel thoroughly ready for the new season thanks to you alone!!!

18. Dalis

You are welcome!!!!! I am so excited to see some of your new season pages!

19. LeslieM

LeslieM Member

I baked cookies with the college kids before move-in day---Can't find anything in my vast stash I like regarding :baking, cookies, memories made around kitchen table, favorite family recipies, traditions, kids moving out and moving on etc. Don't need all those in 1 kit but you get the idea. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  20. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Oooo thanks, Dalis! I love that first bundle! Now to find some time to scrap something that's NOT CT-related!! LOL THANK YOU!!!