I am currently binge watching {fill in the blank}

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Oct 2, 2021.

1. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We’ve been binge watching The Blacklist too and for something fun and lighthearted we’re watching Emily in Paris.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Currently switching between Ghosts and Poker Face

elseepe and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

The Chosen! After watching Season 1 on Netflix, I downloaded the app for free and watched the remaining 2 seasons. I was happy to learn that there will be 7 seasons in all!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

We've recently started Shrinking on Apple TV+ although I think only 3 episodes have been released so far. Love both Jason Segel and Harrison Ford (and lots of other great actors in it too).

elseepe and weaselwatchr like this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Poker face is both unusual and fun. I like it a lot. Can't binge,because we get them one episode at the time.
    Been binging on A place to call home.
    An Australian series. First 4 seasons were brilliant, season 5 and 6 not s so much,since the storyline keeps repeating itself.
    Watched the first season of Bloodlands,because the second season is airing here, not sure if I will watch it though, the end of season 1 made me think it is one of those that goes on and on for no good reason.
    Looking forward to National treasure.
    And FBI international, NCSI Hawaii, when doodling...

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

It's been awhile! I watched the Good Place and was not prepared for how it ended at all. It was good and weird and funny and sweet.

Time to go back to my murder mysteries lol

7. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Season 3 of All Creatures Great and Small. It's such a lovely, gentle show, but it does grapple with some heavy-duty themes surrounding family loyalty and familial obligations in a wartime setting

weaselwatchr and MrsPeel like this.
  8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

same here.....
    Thing is, lately (past couple of years or so) it has to be relatively light, I like the old ones, when a case was solved on the episode, and these days if there is danger/tension/drama that is heavy with the main roles people... I can't watch it ....old age and all LOL

I just finished watching 7 seasons of Without a Trace, even though Anthony Lapaglia isn't much my cup o tea, Poppy Montgomery is marvellous and the rest of the cast was really good too....
    I'm not too keen on true crime, because with all the crime against women we have at the moment in the UK, I can't sleep until Sarita comes back...

What BBC shows, Donna?
    I LOVE Death in Paradise, I binged watched on Netflix actually, a few years ago, and then am watching the newest ones on iPlayer, BBC has Call the Midwife (not crime but love it) we stopped watching Dr Who when Luis Capaldi was the Doctor.
    We want to watch the new Criminal Minds, but is on Paramount which we can't watch in the computers, at the moment our living room qualifies for an episode of hoarders!!!
    ok, need to go, wanna come back to read all the other posts, when I have someone to help me read!!!!
    give Mike a hug from us!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

awww YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I watched all seasons of the new one earlier in the year, I was a bit confused because I remembered the show from years and years ago..... then (of course) googled and realised to is a new take...can't wait x another season!!!
    [​IMG]

mary kate and weaselwatchr like this.
  10. weaselwatchr

I watched Vera, Luther, Sherlock, and DCI Banks! There is a Death in Paradise spin-off called Beyond Paradise which I am going to start. And I have a new season of Death in Paradise and Vera qued up.

I will have to check out Call the Midwife.

I loved Without a Trace. watched it when it was actually on television ages ago. Also love Criminal Minds which I binge watched years ago. I tried to watch the first episode of the new Crimnal Minds but for what ever reason it was too much and I turned it off mid first episode.

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. weaselwatchr

Abbott Elementary is really cute.

For you true crime peeps, the Killing Season on Hulu is very well done. I want to say it is up to par with the documentary that was about the Golden State Killer on Hbomax (I can’t remember the name of it tho)

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Castle, Revenge, the Mandalorian and Survivor.

13. weaselwatchr

Just finished Perry Mason. I broke my cardinal binging rule of starting a series before the season is over. We came across it yesterday and finished what has been broadcast today. It is quite good.

14. MrsPeel

I watched Vera's first 3 seasons on a binge over 4 days.... then (I watch on Sky on demand) they were giving me the season 4 episodes every week... now they are already on season 12 so I m gonna wait until I can get to watch the rest of season 4 and then follow in order. LOVE it!

with Luther it happened to me what did to you with the new Criminal Minds, I think it was the very first episode, I found that girl so evil, I turned it off..and tried to watch the new Luther movie on Netflix...got to a bit before the middle... I made an effort because I LOVE Cynthia Erivo, may try finish watching at some point

I did watch Sherlock (I'm assuming you mean Cumberbatch one?) seven though I'm not crazy about him (it escapes my mind why women think he is good looking LOL I'm in love with Sam Carlin on his Daisy Jones character... my times... the 70s ...oh how wonderful would be to go back in time LOL)
    Tried to watch DCI Banks but could find the beginning, I will have a look again!
    I started watching Beyond Paradise!! if you liked the other one, I reckon you will like this one too :)

With the new Criminal Minds, now I am sure I wont watch it, I feel pretty much like that with other stuff, these days stuff that makes me anxious.... is a no no (too much anxiety in my reality already! LOL)

Call the Midwife has no crime involved, but is a beautiful, beautiful show.....they are already in season 11 or 12, I started watching a couple of years ago, it starts in the 50s and show a part of Lopndon's and Great Britain's history very very well, beautifully told and superbly acted....

Have you watched Unforgettable? Love Poppy Montgomery!

I watched a few light police/crime thing (I think they are Canadian) Hudson & Rex, Private Eyes nd a few others (can't think right now but it will come to me)

If you like BBC and can get it from the beginning, I loved Waking the Dead- and still watching Silent Witness, even though I couldn't stand the actress who was the lead in the first bunch of seasons, much prefer Emilia Fix who has been the lead a few years They are already on season 26.
    Another super interesting one with great acting is Strike.... if you don't have it in BBC America, watch the space because BBC UK and BBC International just became one company, they merged a few weeks ago, I imagine they will have same that we get here :)

15. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I binge-watched the Beyond Paradise spin-off so fast, by the time I was starting episode 3, my dishwasher hadn't yet completed a full cycle! It's an excellent spin-off, so clever and so much fun.

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. MrsPeel

o
    ohhhhhh is not fair!!!!! you can binge watch it and we here have to wait till the next week !!!!!!
    I' m even more anxious to watch now!!!!!!!!!
    Love him from way before I saw him in Death in Paradise, he was the poster boy (well, the TV ad when internet wasn't a thing!) for a super cute advert for BT (British Telefonica) here that lasted a few years, they were a couple, (can't remember the name of the actress, she is in Silent Witness now if I am not mistaken) the ad went from when they met until married with kids , super gorgeous... I miss those TV times , when we would sit all together the days we ad TV series to watch together :)

mary kate likes this.
  17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Watching Picard with the hubby

LUICFER with the bestie

And newst season of Call the Midwife by myself

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. MrsPeel

I'm watching PIccard, I fell in love with him in Next Generation and when they announce Piccard, they said it would be more on the way the NG was.... more humorous and a bit lighter (I was a bit disappointed with Discovery, too much war and too many villains for my old woman's taste LOL) but I feel is as heavy ...still watching it, actually the last season loved the thing with the Borg Queen and the master cast in acting by (don't know the actress name) the actor girl merging with the Borg Queen.... LOVE Seven of Nine and I am SO happy they brought back Dr Crusher.... but still too much intensity.... they say is the last season...
    I have to commend Patrick Stewart at his age , his acting is as impeccable as always!!!! I've seen him doing Shakespeare and some more traditional roles (non Shaekspearian- non sci fi) also saw an interview with Marina Spirits (Diana- the empath) in which she told how they would get him to relax and enjoy the acting, and how he explained the transition and how he grew to love doing Star Trek, will try find the name of the copcumentary, but if I am not mistaken, is on Netflix... if you hubby is keen on Star Trek, is a great piece to watch :)

I watched first 2 seasons of Lucifer, can't remember why I stopped, we love Tom Ellis, I may try find where I stopped see if can go back...

And I am an ultra fan of Called the Midwife!!!!!!! this last season is super emotional with Reggie and Sister Monica Joan.... :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

dotcomkari likes this.
  19. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I really enjoyed this too -- hope there will be a season 2.

Laura ODonnell and MrsPeel like this.
  20. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Ghosts is so good, love a light-hearted quirky comedy. I had ignored it for a long time, but then binged Season 1 and now I can hardly wait each week to see the new episodes.

MrsPeel likes this.