I finally bought a Paperwhite!

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Laura ODonnell, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

Excited!

I have been contemplating a Kindle Paperwhite for years. Every Amazon event of course they have sales on their own devices and every year I pass. I tell myself I'm Ok with reading on my phone or an iPad. This year the Black Friday sales have started already and a banner popped up that if I paid with Amex points I could save an extra $40 and this deal was the tipping point. I'm not opening it now, its going under the tree. A gift from me to me!

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Laura ODonnell so happy for you!!! I too read on my phone and laptop... good for you! Merry Christmas!

Laura ODonnell likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Congratulations on your fun new present to yourself. I used to always read on my phone and have a kindle now and it is SO much easier on my eyes. I love my kindle! I hope you love yours too. Sounds like you got a great deal! :agree

4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Laura, we had thought the same. Yesterday, I also bought a new kindle …I did have one…but still without backlight…

Karen and Laura ODonnell like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome!! I got one for Christmas last year and it is one of my favorite things ever! Enjoy it!!

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I love my Kindle. Ease of use is a real plus for me. And, the fact that you don't have to have it connected to anything to read on it is nice. Quite often I've taken it with me to appointments and love having a large collection of books to choose from.

Oh yeah, my eyes can't handle reading on a phone and haven't for a long time. Computer screen isn't bad but it isn't easy to curl up with that in your lap under a blanket to read (I have a desktop).

7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Yay!!! I got a new paperwhite a couple of months ago and I love it! Target had a crazy good sale on it and my daughter works there so we added her employee discount to it... I couldn't say no!

Pick out a fun popsocket for the back! My daughter insisted on me getting one since all of the people on tiktok have them on their kindles. It really is nice for holding your kindle when you read.

8. Laura ODonnell

oh wow I hadn’t thought about a popsocket. Do you have your kindle in a case with the popsocket on the case?

9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I probably should have gotten a case, but I haven't yet. I never had a case for my old kindle, but it also didn't leave the house often (I read mostly at home). My daughter is getting a paperwhite for Christmas and she plans to get a clear shell type case and then will stick her popsocket to the case.

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You are going to love it!!! I love mine. I love you can change font, size, brightness and even look for words in the dictionary while you read. It really is pretty good to your eyes while you read.

11. Laura ODonnell

People have been telling me for years that I won’t regret getting a paperwhite. Glad I finally did it. Now just trying to pretend it isn’t already here in the box waiting for Christmas lol.

I looked on Amazon and found the clear covers I think this will be really cute with the popsocket

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

a POPSOCKET?!! Why didn't I think of that? :giggle I think Santa better put one in my stocking this year.

13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have a case that folds into a stand when you open it. I can hold it with the "stand" when I'm out and about. And, when I'm at home, I use my Pillow Pad to hold it.

14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

LOL! At first I thought you meant the flower bulb. I was wondering why you were so excited about a plant! Guess the joke's on me. ha! :compcoffee

15. Laura ODonnell

Hah!

16. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I’ve used a Kindle for years and now have the paper white. You willlove it.

I am totally intrigued by the idea of the Popsocket. I wish I had thought of this.

Karen likes this.