December Daily

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Valoriew, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

Are any of you doing it????!!!!

I have to say, it's quite an undertaking, but once you decide what you're doing and have everything relatively together, it's actually not bad and soooo FUN!!!!

The hardest thing for me, was making the decisions of what and how i wanted to tackle this! I should of started back in November, but of course, I didn't!

but.....i got CAUGHT UP yesterday!!! and it feels soooo good!!!

My approach is HYBRID, 8x6 in. Like ali's but turned landscape....I also love her velum/clear pages in between each day. I found "business card" and trading card" binder pages at Office Depot when I was getting my photo paper and was so excited since they were quite inexpensive! I also had printable transparencies on hand that I'm using....

so....I'm basically designing my LO in photoshop, keeping it SIMPLE and made a set of numbers to use throughout my album. Then, as I USE digi papers in my LO design, I just print that "blocked" size. I then hide my papers in my layers palette and just print my photo's. When I have my papers and photo's printed (already sized and "cut"), I then, physically cut them out and adhere then to my textured cardstock pages.....

have i lost you? lol!

I'm also doing the same type thing with my journaling, some are typed and printed and some are handwritten.

so here's my album so far....just thought I'd share, and hoping you'll share yours as well!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    EminePala_Art likes this.
  2. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

looks awesome Val! I have not done it this year - maybe next?? I am enjoying seeing Ali's blog posts about the December Daily but it is her FULL TIME job to be creative. It is only a hobby for me!

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That looks fantastic! I've never heard of the December Daily - can you point me in the right direction?

4. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

wowwwwwww, it´s really cute
    but.. i not doing anything yet....
    good idea, maybe now with all this amazing inspiration i start!!

5. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

wow that looks fabulous!

6. cnscrap

cnscrap Humphity Humph Humph

so very inspired hun. very amazing!

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

you are amazing! i think that album looks like one of those that you could just sit & look at over & over again! i LOVE the sewn pockets full of sequins!

8. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Oh Val, this is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing! I am going to be doing it too, at the moment I am just taking photos and making journalling notes but I think I am going with a 6x8 hybrid *gulp* book. I have never done anything like this before but I really want to include the various bits and pieces of paper stuffs I seem to collect during December without having to scan everything in! Wish me luck....

Heather, here's a link to the December Daily info on Ali Edwards' blog: http://aliedwards.com/2009/12/december-daily-compilation.html There's also a class called Journal Your Christmas that's very popular.

9. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

thanks girls!!! it's been really fun and quite an amazing process....i HIGHLY recommend it!

Kate, have ya started???!!!

here's my latest....(oh and i re-shot my 1-9 photo's- can see them better!)

Days 10-14

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

11. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Oh Val, these are fabulous! I love how artsy everything is, it is SO YOU!!!

Well, that rather depends on how you define "started". If buying loads of real paper supplies counts, then I have definitely started! :giggle I ordered some cardstock and lovely ribbons and bits and bobs to get playing with. And that's about as far as I have got! Mine is going to be really simple though - just 6X8 printed digital pages, with some little bits and pieces added on the top. I get my pages printed online (I don't print them myself) so I can see this project running on for some time. Possibly until next December.... :giggle

Please keep sharing your pages Val, I find them so inspiring!! :beat

12. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

15-17....yay! more than half way done! crazy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. cnscrap

cnscrap Humphity Humph Humph

i so wish I lived close to you so I could come over and you could MAKE me do this. it's so inspiring...I just wished I would have done it. I'm trying like crazy just to get my calendar done.

14. mishou

mishou mishou

oh val this is flippin' amazing!!! ali's stuff is awesome but my style is nowhere near that "clean and simple" look of hers so i don't always get very inspired by it. seeing this project in a funkier, more artsy style is SUPER inspiring!!

i am curious about how you're using those "trading card" sized page protectors because i just bought some to use in a 365 project in the new year. i can't tell if that's what i'm seeing in your pics or not? did you cut them down to size? and did you sew on them!? it's hard to tell if it's that or just sewing on a regular page or something.

oh and i hope you submit your album to Ali - i think she does showcases of other people's books at some point? the world needs to see yours!!! :)

15. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

THANK YOU so much Michelle!!! That means so much!

I might just have to submit my album just for the sake of feeling like i was a part of it!!!! :giggle

and yes, I'm using the trading card page protectors along with printable transparencies! I'm also using a "normal" photo-collage page protectors too! I just cut them down to size and sew the stuffs in them! The sewing machine just glides perfectly on them!!!

I've been really loving using what i have on hand and my digi stuff that i can just print.....! The transparencies are so much fun to print on too!

16. mishou

mishou mishou

you are my hero val! i never would have thought to run a page protector through a sewing machine!!! that's genius.
    you just opened up a whole new world to me lol! i thought i was going to be restricted to the 8.5x11 size of the page protectors for the album i'm planning but now that i know i can cut those babies up i think i might go smaller . . . so many options!

i'm going to have to go out and buy some transparencies. that sounds fun too!

17. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

i'm actually gettin excited about your new project michelle! I'm gonna give it a try! are there any sites for inspiration?

here's my DD18-21

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mishou

mishou mishou

*swoon* your pages keep getting awesomer and awesomer :)

i'm glad you're getting excited about my project, cuz i'm not. i'm just SCARED lol!

as for inspiration . . . i got the general concept from Erin Kenepp. there was an article about her 365 of 30 project in a Somerset mag. (you can see the project starting here)

but i'm kind of making mine up as i go along. it will be a hybrid between Erin's artsy project and Ali's more memory-driven "a week in the life" or "december daily" projects. i still have about a month to figure it out lol! (i'll be starting on the 23rd of january). i've not found anyone who's doing anything like it so i've mostly been leafing through my Somerset mags for techniques & materials inspiration. if i find any good websites i'll let you know!

19. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

i LOVE your project Val. Now I need to learn how to use my sewing machine too!

20. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

LOL! I CANNOT use my sewing machine because i haven't the first clue how to get the bobbin to thread. I have followed the instructions in the book... No can do. *sigh*. Believe it or not I do actually know how to sew... I just can't use the dumb machine! acck!!