MOC Q&A

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2021.

1. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

Where do I find this year's MOC image and also the ones that show the prior year's checked off? I would like to add that to my siggy (I completed 7, 8, and 9)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

AlyciaIN, Karen and meagan43 like this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

thank you so much.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

bellbird, bonnenuit, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You can find the image for this year at the bottom of the first post of the registration thread: Month of Challenges 10 | Registration Open!

bellbird likes this.
  6. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

Is it okay to make hybrid layouts for some challenges (as long as they follow all other guidelines) or do they need to be 100% digital?

bellbird, Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

Yes! We love seeing hybrid layouts. As you stated, just follow all the guidelines, especially the layout sizes and the amount of current TLP product. MOC 2022 Guidelines

bellbird and kristinkristin like this.
  8. Karen

I can't wait to see some hybrid pages! :happyclap

9. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Query - So, how/when do we know if we somehow felt short on a challenge? Will it be at the very end, or during the MOC (so perhaps we can correct it?)

For instance, if a power-that-is looks at my page for Day 1 and disagrees that my item count is correct, will I know before Feb 2, or when it's too late? Or if nothing is said when it's posted in the challenge thread, I can assume I got the challenge gist correct?

Again, probably overthinking this. Yup, I used to teach and created rubrics, and my student always found questions like this to ask, which trained me to think about the potential queries and....

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

The host of each challenge will follow up with you via 'conversation' ( your inbox here in the top right corner) if there is an issue. Unless it's the last challenge or two, the 'checking' and follow up will give you plenty of time to tweak anything :) ( & even for the last day or 2, I believe there is a grace period on follow up but if you don't hear from the host via inbox, you're good)

Karen and Mingo08 like this.
  11. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Thanks so much! Lots to learn for the MOC - it's my first!

bellbird likes this.
  12. StacSmiley

StacSmiley New Member

It says we have to post our layout to 3 additional locations... what does that mean exactly?
    Outside the 3 locations here in The LilyPad (Challenge, Layout and Gallery)?

Thanks,
    StacSmiley

13. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Hi StacSmiley! I'm not sure what you mean by "additional" locations. The guidelines state:
    Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder.
    3. Posted in the challenge thread.
    I see that you have already posted your Blind Scrap page in these three places, so you have met the posting requirement for that page. :) Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question?

14. Cath_

is it ok in my tread to have day 1, then day 3, and put day 2 (dont like NOW, then was great) in when i do it

Tip go evem moc, go iin challenge and hit watch tread
    occassionaly go in layouts, and mark all read, new posts will make more sense

15. Karen

I think you’re asking if your layouts can be posted out of order in your layouts thread? If so, yes, then can be posted in any order you like. Just make sure to list what day each one is and you’ll be good to go.

bellbird and Cath_ like this.
  16. Cath_

thank you

Karen likes this.
  17. StacSmiley

StacSmiley New Member

Can we use Collab Kits? If so, how do we give credit?

18. Karen

You can definitely use collab kits. If they are sold in the Lilypad store, they will count towards the 75% of Lilypad products. To give credit just list the name of the collab and then the names of the designers. If it’s a store collab, just list the name of the kit and then for designers, just list “By Lilypad Designers. Then just add a link to the collab (copy and paste the web link) so all your bases are covered. If it’s not a Lilypad collab though, you should not add a link for the collab. Does that make sense?

19. gonewiththewind

Also, here's a link to all the current TLP Store Collabs currently available:
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Lilypad-Collabs/

20. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Speaking of collabs, I used the It's About Time TLP collabs for my MOC layout yesterday. Mostly the "Today" set, but also a few pieces from the blog hop, "Yesterday." But when I went to the store to get links, I couldn't find Yesterday. I was surprised because I think I've seen other blog hops added to the store, like Of Wishes Hopes and Dreams. Am I remembering that incorrectly? Just curious if anyone knows off the top of her head. No research needed. I credited them both anyway; just only linked to Today.

gonewiththewind likes this.