Wow! KJensen Date Tags

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by michelepixels, Sep 4, 2021.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm impressed by the range of years Kim Jensen included in her Debossed Date Tags I just picked up from the store (part of this month's BYOC). She created tags for all the years from 1990 to 2030!!! Thank you @KimJ :yourock

[​IMG]

bestcee, SeattleSheri, Dalis and 3 others like this.
  2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Thanks, Michele. Glad the extra years are appreciated! :-) I've decided to make that date range my new standard whenever it's practical. Some of it is to save myself work. I've gone back and added years to several of my older packs and it's much easier to do it up front than to open up my old files and try to remember exactly how I created them originally. :lol And the other part of it is how fast time flies. 1990 doesn't seem that long ago to me, and 2030 will be here in just 8½ short years. I've been designing for 16 years and have had my shop here at TLP for 9½ years already! It feels like just a couple of years rather than almost a decade!

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Love the date tags!!!! I also really appreciate the date range. These are going to be so versatile for years to come (and for years past)!

michelepixels and KimJ like this.
  4. michelepixels

@KimJ That's for sure! I feel the same about time. And you saved all of us time too. I've modified so many date tags and other elements over the years. I didn't even notice what years you included before I decided to buy the set -- I just thought it was cute -- because I'm used to having to modify for longer ago years, so I didn't even think of it. So I was astonished when I looked in the folders. I even exclaimed out loud to my husband who was nearby making dinner. Of course he didn't really appreciate it; then I realized I should be telling all my TLP friends. :lol

bestcee, Memaw2Wm and KimJ like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Aren't these THE coolest????? I've used them on at least 2 LO's already! They'll be one of my "go-to's"!!!!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Aren't they amazing!! I love them!!

7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I love them. I used them on three layouts already!

8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Kim is so great about date ranges and alphabet ranges! I greatly appreciate it as well. :)

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yes, they are. I sometimes go to use one and I go "DUH! 2012 is not going to do it!". I do sometimes frankensized them but this is so much better. LOL!!!

10. michelepixels

[​IMG]

I was so excited to use these tags I spent two hours on this page for the SwL MIS and totally forgot to use a SwL template. :crazy3 I love the page anyway and still have plenty of time to try again to make something for MIS.

djp332 and KimJ like this.
  11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I'm sooo getting these!

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

they are amazing. thank you Kim.

13. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

These are gorgeous, Kim!!! I´ ve just bought them and especially I´m excited about the added blank tags for every type of tag - so practical - not only for adding other years, but also for possibility to make own month names for us who normally doesn´t use English in album pages...

bestcee, michelepixels and KimJ like this.
  14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

@ad77 - thanks for pointing out the blanks. I had not even noticed that but they will be so helpful for dating pre-1990. I love them and know they will definitely become a "go-to" for many layouts.

15. michelepixels

You can use the blank ones of course, and that would allow you to use a different font, but I like to just edit the dated ones. I have done this countless times with Lynn Grieveson's Stitched Down Dates, which I have used many times over the last several years. I choose one she made that's close to the year I need and maybe a second one for the missing number, then I just use Command/Control-J to copy to another layer the number I need. So, for example, if I wanted it to say 2001, I could use 2011 and paste one of the zeros over the 1 I don't want. Sometimes I flip the copy or misalign it intentionally to make it look more real. Doing this modification so very many times is why I was so excited to realize I won't have to do it nearly as much with Kim's set. By the way, I will still be using Lynn's Stitched Down Dates. I love them. It's wonderful to have variety though!

16. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I love them so much!! Would love to see them in black and white too. ;)

17. michelepixels

If you're using Photoshop, in the Menu bar go to Image>Adjustments>Black & White and adjust to your liking. :)

LivyBug likes this.
  18. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Add me to the list that love these! I've already used them on a couple different pages!

KimJ likes this.
  19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I snagged them and used them on my latest layout! They're definitely going into my faves folder!

KimJ likes this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I totally fangirled on these as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I simply adore them and can't wait to see more along these lines. Because more is more.

KimJ likes this.