NBK Design - Advanced Challenge - September 1-30

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cinderella, Sep 1, 2020.

1. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

There are only a few days left! I can't wait to see your take on the challenge.

2. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

OMG... SO much fun!!!! My Granddaughter sent me this stunning photo... at my request for something to use for this challenge... I followed the directions, but they made NO sense to me... why 8 x 10 ??? and how does 10 rows across and 10 vertical ever make a rectangle... and then there were gaps between each row, that I could not fill because my version of PS PSC 5 does not make clipping masks... so I gave up on that and uploaded 100 of my pages done for this year, and it was perfect!!! Nice and square, 10 rows x 10 rows worked exactly correct... I have to be missing something in the You tube videos, because I watched at least 2 different ones that were the same...

For the record, I have followed Nicole since she was at Mscraps, and have tons of her OLD stuff...

[​IMG]

cinderella likes this.
  3. cinderella

Amazing! I saw the thumbnail in the gallery and I was really hoping it was for my challenge. :-) You did an amazing job with the mosaic and blended it perfectly. Thank you for playing along.

easyeyes4you likes this.
  4. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i really want to try this and only have a day left to do it . i collected 100 scrapbook pages of my granddaughter and will be using a photo of her. but when i did the contact sheet you see all the names of the pages...what did i do wrong. i copied and pasted them from the folder where i have the scrapbook pages. thanks for any quick help so i can work on this View attachment 412353 never mind i figured it out

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  5. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

fun technique. love it thanks for the challenge and the video tutorial

[​IMG]

cinderella likes this.
  6. cinderella

Wow, this is stunning! The main photo is amazing, and you did a great job with the mosaic. I love that you used duotone. And it's such a cute detail that the mosaic is made of her pages. Thank you so much for playing.
    I'm sorry I didn't see your first message yesterday; when I read it you had already figured out what to do.

7. nollipap

nollipap Well-Known Member

Thank you for this great challenge, I used NBK_Granny'sGarden bundle for this page.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

cinderella likes this.
  8. cinderella

This is super cool! I love how the mosaic is blended mostly on the background. Your title is awesome and I really like the elements and paints on the borders. I'm happy that you enjoyed the challenge and thank you for playing!

9. cinderella

Last call! I'll close this challenge in a few hours.

10. cinderella

This challenge is now closed. Thank you all for playing! Your creativity amazed me.
    I will be back later with the names of the two winners.

11. cinderella

Congrats to @rdutch and and @adriablack! You are the winners of September's challenge.
    I will pm you your coupons after DSD (coupons are disabled during store wide sales).

12. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

Wow! Thank you and thank you for the awesome challenge!

cinderella likes this.
  13. rdutch

rdutch Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! This was a lot of fun!

cinderella likes this.