NBK Design - Advanced Challenge - September 1-30

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cinderella, Sep 1, 2020.

1. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I gave this another go with a photo of a dandelion with no scrapping goodies, just photos. I used the zoom tool to straighten out the itty bitty photos that were bugging me. I know this doesn't count as extra points September Photo mosaic challenge take 2 dandelion.jpg or anything.

2. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge

[​IMG]

cinderella likes this.
  3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love your take on the challenge! So beautiful! I love yellow paired to black, it's always an interesting combo. Thank you so much for playing along!

4. cinderella

@trekmom, I'm happy that you gave it another try. I understand it's tedious to do it manually. Why don't you duplicate the grid you already have, merge it (the copy only), resize it to 50%, and use it four times. I hope it makes sense!
    Unfortunately, none of your pages qualifies for this challenge... :( One of the rules is to use 100% NBK-Design products on the layouts; your first page (which wasn't linked to gallery but I found it from the link to your gallery under your avatar) uses other designers' products, while the second one uses just photos (and that's maybe against TLP gallery rules, but I'm not 100% sure). I'd be happy to see you giving it a third (!) try and following the challenge's rules, so that I can add you in the random draw for one of the two coupons at the end of the month. Feel free to ask anything or pm me any time! :beat

trekmom likes this.
  5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I have PSE so had to figure out how to make a contact sheet. So I used NBK Easy Peasy freebie as a starter and then duplicated over and over.
    [​IMG]

trekmom and cinderella like this.
  6. cinderella

This is fantastic! I love all the perfect blending and the inked flowers. So beautiful. Thank you for playing along!

7. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for letting me know how I messed up, I'm not being sarcastic, promise! I appreciate it. I think we all have lots on our plates right now and I make mistakes. But I'm so glad you let me know because I made another page and I like this one the best. @cinderella Practice might not make perfect but it makes for a better page here. NBK Photo mosaic Challenge September.jpg

cinderella likes this.
  8. cinderella

:byayYour page is awesome! I love the doodled frame, and the magic light is just awesome. Thanks for playing along.

trekmom likes this.
  9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

What An Interesting Challenge Indeed!...I Too Have PSE & Wasn't Able To Create My Page As Such...But With The Help Of A Friend!...& A Contact Sheet...She Helped Me Create The Mosaic Effect...& I Then Proceeded To Create & Finish My Layout...All The Photos I Used Are Travel Destination Photos..Sooo!...Many!...This Layout Is All About Being The "STAR" In Your Own Life...Learning To Love! Yourself...& Accept Yourself!...Realizing That We Are All Stars In Our Own Lives!...Each One Of Us Shining Our Bright! Star Light! Everywhere We Go!...We All Have Our Own Shining Star Light! To Share With The World...So Shine On!...And Fill The World With All Of Your Own Wonderful! & Magical!...Star Lights!...

*For My You Are Worthy Layout-I Used:

*Art Crush No.30/Art Crush No.31-NBK Design
    *Indian Summer-Color Style-White-NBK Design
    *Imagine-PT-Styles-Color Overlay-NBK Design
    *Strength Of A Woman-Color Styles-NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    cinderella likes this.
  10. cinderella

This is breathtaking, @RJMJ! Well, your whole gallery is! I love the message of your page, you always put so much thought in your layouts.
    I am so happy that you joined my challenge and found your way through while your program doesn't have this function. Thanks for playing along!

11. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

12. rdutch

rdutch Well-Known Member

13. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I also had to take the more painstaking route using PSE, but I am happy with the results. All NBK products as listed in the gallery. My mosaic is a collage of pictures of the local paper - The Daily News - documenting a lot of the Covid related headlines and stories. I duplicated the mosaic twice - using a larger version to blend with the background and two smaller copies to blend with each photo. Thanks for a fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

cinderella likes this.
  14. cinderella

@garrynkim, @rdutch and @Joan K, thank you for your beautiful pages! I love seeing everyone's take on this challenge and where your creativity leads you. I hope you've enjoyed this challenge and you will use this technique again in the future. Thanks for playing. I've left you some love in the gallery.

15. Skivvy

Skivvy Well-Known Member

Thank you. Loved this challenge and I am absolutely amazed what people have done with it.

Here is my take

[​IMG]

cinderella likes this.
  16. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

whew, after some trial and error and lots of rewinding the video (instructions were great) I love my page! I used 49 pictures, all from Pixabay. Love the result, so glad I put on my big girl panties and gave it a shot :)

[​IMG]

cinderella likes this.
  17. cinderella

This is fantastic, Christine! Awesome job with the mosaic, and I absolutely love how you blended it on the background. Those geometric shapes are super cool!
    Thank you for playing along!

18. cinderella

I'm so happy that you gave it a try, Joanne! Your page turned out amazing. I love the crop on the photo and the beautiful scatters. Thank you for playing along!

19. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

Here's my take:
    [​IMG]

This was a ton of fun! I've always wondered how to do something like this! I used 81 of our favorite photos from our nature walks from June 20 to September 21.

cinderella likes this.
  20. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

WOW... Stunning pages, I almost forgot I was going to do this one... Was reminded while strolling through Marjike's Gallery, so Thank you Marjike for reminding me!

cinderella likes this.