Crazy summer of 2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by DisneyMom, Sep 4, 2019.

1. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

This summer I ended up starting not 1 but 2 businesses, along side of running a home daycare. I began creating Educational Busy Bags for Kids and now in 2 local stores as well as selling direct online. I also started designing digi kits again, few years back I had to stop designing and I missed it every single day.

Our middle daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD and struggles with sensory processing, impulsivity, time blindness, and can not self regulate. I'm learning so much, as it's more than jusy hyper activity. Her working memory is severely affected and needs constant visual reminders as to what she needs to be doing. It's a lot of work, but after years of frustration and feeling like a total failure as a parent it's comforting to know that it's not anyone's fault and more importantly there is a way to help her.

We took our yearly vacation to Disney World and spent 2 weeks soaking up the Florida sun. The 2 day drive there and home wasn't as bad as I expected it to be (thanks to the help of downloaded movies on the tablet) and the weather great.

I haven't scrapped a single page all summer and my photos are piling up! Of course I have a few thousand photos from Disney to sort through as well. But I'm glad to have the kids back in school, daycare back on it's regular schedule and settling back into a more reliable routine. I'm hoping to get some pages scrapped soon, even if I only manage 1 a week (I was doing 5-6 pages a week before the summer).

If you made it this far in my post CONGRATS :) I'm impressed.
    I hope your summer was good to you! Now to look over the September schedule and see what trouble, errr I mean FUN and exciting things I can get in on :giggle

bellbird, bestcee, umyesh and 2 others like this.
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Wow, you have had your time well occupied! Glad you are back and back in your routine.
    (I had to look up Busy Bags and they look so cool, wish that was something I knew about when my kids were young. :))

DisneyMom likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

That is quite the summer! Enjoy getting back into the routine (and sanity). :)

DisneyMom likes this.
  4. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I gave up on my Sanity 2 kids ago....LOL

bellbird and umyesh like this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Me too! haha

bellbird likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:compcoffee

bellbird likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Wow! You have been so busy! I love that you are making the busy bags. I ended up making my own because they were hard to find with munchkin. So much nicer to be able to buy them!

One page a week is a great goal! Especially with all the other demands on your time! Glad you are back!

DisneyMom likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

well you certainly did cram a lot into your summer! looking forward to seeing your new Disney adventure pages in the gallery!

DisneyMom likes this.