Instagram and Later.com users

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Aug 25, 2017.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

yeah ... the waiting for it to open on the phone is a little bit of a pain (but much easier than adding all my LOs to the phone from my computer) ... i'll have to try this work around just for one photo too and compare the two. TY!

2. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I use the Developer Cheat in Safari! Only way I post my layouts.

bestcee likes this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@bestcee I'm trying to upload a photo from my laptop to Instagram. I've followed your instructions and this is what I see. There is no camera icon no matter what I try to do. I am totally Instagram challenged. Can you help? When I hover over the last icon (below "following"), it references "when people tag you in photos, they'll appear here." Is that the icon I should be clicking on? I've been watching Instagram for dummies videos and they reference a plus sign... Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer
    Instagram Capture.JPG

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I can't get it to do anything but upload my layout. I still have to type all of the credits out, which is what I was trying to avoid doing. I'd love to put more layouts on my feed, but don't have the patience to type all of that out.

5. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

If you use Chrome, there's an app now for Instagram that you can upload your photos. It's called Desktop for Instagram and in the Chrome web store.

mcurtt and cinderella like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've been able to copy and paste when I use my hack above.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Which browser? I'm out of pocket today, but I can try to help on Wednesday when I get home to my computer.

8. mcurtt

Chrome. Thanks for any assistance.

9. mcurtt

Thanks! I will check that out and report back here!

10. mcurtt

I think I'm in heaven!!! I tried the suggestion from @navaja77 and I can now post to Instagram from my desktop!!! The hardest part was finding out where the extension was located. It said it was installed, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Until I looked to the right of the Chrome address bar (to the right of the bookmark star) and there it was. I'm attaching a small screenshot here for those who may want to explore this option. The instagram extension is the one pictured on the far right of my screenshot. It allowed me to upload my photo, to adjust it (since I don't do square layouts), and add text! So easy, no funky looking developer code, just Instagram on my desktop. :-)
    Desktop for Instagram.JPG
    Thanks @bestcee for your help, but I'm good with Desktop for Instagram's extension.

navaja77 and bestcee like this.
  11. mcurtt

If you use Chrome, check out the extension. I was able to copy and paste text with no problem.

12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

So did you get the extension from devanco.com or Unimania. Both of them are named "Desktop for Instagram". I can't tell from your photo above which icon it is.

13. mcurtt

Devanco.com It had really good reviews and lots of them (over 7,000).

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks, Marilyn. That's probably the problem. I use a private search engine, but Chrome is installed on my laptop, so I'll try that. Thanks.

mcurtt likes this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Yay...thx for the suggestion of desktop for instagram....just installed it on chrome and will try it out later. So much easier than trying to do it from my phone.

mcurtt likes this.
  16. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like it. I love it. I used to do what everyone else did but after I found out about this extension from my photography forum, it's been so helpful!

mcurtt likes this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you @Tree City Sara for guiding me back to this thread. I think I’ll get chrome and try the devanco extension this weekend. When my eyes are used to that 27” screen it’s more likely I’ll be able to post to Instagram easily if I can do it on my iMac. Prayers appreciated!!!

Tree City and keepscrappin like this.
  18. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

19. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I kissed the frog!