Photos Fast Five|Pad Patter 4.13

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Apr 13, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Last month my brother had a party and needed photos of him through the years. This week my brother is getting his Eagle Scouting Award, which meant my mom needed photos of him through the years. Mine aren't completely organized, but I can usually find photos faster than her. And that makes me the go to person whenever photos are needed by anyone in the family. I love it and hate it, usually the hate comes from the last minute request to send photos.

But it got me thinking about the second part of our conversation. I have 1700 photos tagged with my Eagle Scout brother's name (he's 18). Now, it should be more since not all my photos are tagged. My mom was shocked I have that many! I told her I wouldn't share how many are tagged of my son:giggle.... So....

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family?
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project?
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!)
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.)
    5. Do you delete photos?

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? I am the one that takes the photos, yes, but I usually hand them over after the event - so they become the keeper of their family photos. As the oldest of the grandchildren, I have the older family photos and the knowledge of who, what & where.
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? Absolutely
    3. How many photos on average do you take a month? Around 100, more if we are traveling or if there was a big family event.
    4. Do you print photos? No, but I am up to date with my 2019 album and the scrapbook layouts are printed.
    5. Do you delete photos? Rarely, unless they're unusable.

bestcee likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? For the most part, yes. I am usually the one with the camera. More of the family takes photos now that they have phones with cameras lol. My dad probably took more photos than I did when he was alive, but the majority of them are not digital so they are all in boxes at mom's. I got my love of photography from him.
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? Yep, for sure. Mostly because I can find what they need pretty quickly.
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!) I am about the same as Stefanie, around 100 a month, more if there is a big event or holiday.
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) Not often enough.
    5. Do you delete photos? Again, not often enough. Sometimes I get a wild hair and sit down and go through a few and get rid of junk.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? No.
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? Depends. Last time I remember was well over 10 years ago when an uncle died. He had never married and had no children. There were very few pictures in his belongings. The brother doing funeral arrangements had very few pictures of him so asked me if I had any. I was able to provide a few so that we did have a photo display for his memorial service.
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!) At least one a day no matter how boring it is. Essentially a Project 365 type of thing. Of course more are taken for events happening.
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) Every once in awhile I will print a 4x6 to add to a bulletin board or photo display I have. Some go on the refrigerator as well.
    5. Do you delete photos? No from my camera. Bad phone photos... yes. When I was learning more about camera photography years ago, I was taught to use the bad photos to help me learn how to take better pictures. So I still keep bad photos from the camera so I can see what my settings were and figure out where I went wrong when taking the pictures.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? I have always been, in the past. I always took the pictures and everybody depended on me. Over the years, I have tried to step away and enjoy the events more. I found out that I missed a lot of things by always looking at them through the lens. My granddaughter has pretty must taken over as the family photographer - I've been working with her since she was about 8. That's when she discovered she had a real love for photography.
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? I used to be, but now (in my family of birth) everybody has a cell phone, so I just let them go crazy. I take the pictures I want, and my sisters and sil are good about sharing (what we've each taken).
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!) I take pictures every day of something. Usually with my phone, but since the #100dayproject, I've been using my Nikon DSLR again. That was my challenge to myself - to keep that camera out and handy and use it.
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) I print a lot of mine and love printing in 4x4 format. I use them for projects and have Instagram sized albums. They're small and fun to look at.
    5. Do you delete photos? I do. Mine are all backed up instantly to about 4 places, so I delete them off my phone and I do delete bad pictures. That's the first thing I do in editing - if the photo is beyond help, it goes. I've kept some strange photos over the years and ended up using them, though.

6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? Definitely!
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? I give out photobooks annually and I very rarely get asked for other photos.
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!) I average around 250 per month, but some months are 500 and others are 150.
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) I do not print individual photos unless I want to display them or give to others. I usually dedicate a several pages in my photobooks to unscrapped photos.
    5. Do you delete photos? I try to remove ones that I can't use right away. I keep everything else. I back all of my photos up to an EHD and the cloud.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am not, we don't live around either of our extended families.

No, see reason above. LOL!!!

3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!)
    It goes up and down in numbers from 0-100s.

4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.)
    I used to, I found a lot of them the other day.

5. Do you delete photos?
    No, drives hubby insane.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? Yes and No. I sometimes have a hard time getting photos from my children. On the other hand, my parents let me borrow all of their old slides of us as kids and they are pretty much all scanned. I need to create datasticks or something to give all my siblings.
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? Yes and to take photos for them too.
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!) That really varies. Lately it has been a lot less. Then I pick up the camera and take 20, 30, 50, 200 in just one day.
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) I haven't printed a photo since 2011. Well, at least not for scrapping. I have printed them to frame.
    5. Do you delete photos? Yes, but not as often as I should.

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do this, but I still keep a copy because I know that none of them back up photos! And that makes me a little sick inside, so I can't delete them.

Deleting photos can be a chore! I totally get that!

This is brilliant! I used to do this when I was learning how to take manual photos, thanks for the reminder! I should start again.

That's awesome! I love that you have helped someone else on their journey!

Oh fun! I've never printed 4x4.

That's so awesome! I have not got that far. I love that you have pages at the end with unscrapped photos too. Is it the same book for everyone? or different based on people?

Really? Why? (Just curious)

That is printing! I print sometimes for my son to hang on his walls.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

@bestcee The books are very similar (95% the same), but I do customize which pages I include. For example, I will only include AAM pages for my mom and not my husband's family and I'll exclude a bunch of pages of my IL's to my mom, that kind of thing. Our book includes everything!

bestcee likes this.
  11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Because then I am running out of space everywhere.... EVERYWHERE!!!!!! All the disks!

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? No, I don't think so. But I have a small family. :) I will say that I will make a photograph of a print photo, if an extended family member gives me one to look at. Because that seems to be my role: Photo enthusiast. :)
    2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? Yes!
    3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? (whichever period of time works for you!) Day: 5 - 20 (average day); week/month: too many lol! :) I am trying to be more aware of my everyday photos. I don't necessarily want to make fewer pics; I want to make photos with more awareness. (Example: the kids are playing LEGO. I want to capture the cute sibling fun, so I try to sneak a photo...but I make 10 pics really fast, hoping one looks good. Well, that means going through and editing/purging those 10 photos. Why not take more time and actually compose that LEGO photo? Then I have one or two, and it's easy to scrap because I'm not wasting time going through 00 photos for a single, normal week.)
    4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) Yes, but not as regularly as I think I should. Every once in awhile I upload 200 photos to Persnickety and I use my photo credits to print them. I did a big batch last month, actually.
    5. Do you delete photos? I delete the blurry/bad/duplicate photos. I don't need them clogging up my EHDs. But, and this goes back to my answer to Q 3, I am trying to be better about composing photos before I make them and I'm trying not to snap 40 photos of the kids playing when 1 or 2 would suffice.

bestcee likes this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm the person who takes photos at all of the family events so I guess so? My sister takes mostly selfies (at web-size resolution) & my mom will take photos with her camera if I'm not there but she prefers that I do it.

No one in my family or friends has ever asked me for photos for a project before. I suppose they would, though, since I'm the only one who has digital copies of any photos that have been taken over the last 10+ years (unless they wanted one of my sister's 1000+ selfies).

3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month?
    It varies a lot. I take the most photos in December followed by October and the summer months. I barely take any photos at all from December 26th through whenever it finally warms up (late March or early April) around here. I would say I usually take at least 50 photos a month but that is much higher in the months I mentioned earlier.

4. Do you print photos?
    I have some printed photos at work & some printed photos around the house but not as many as I would like to have and none framed or on nice canvas.

5. Do you delete photos?
    As if it were my job.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. Are you the photo keeper of the extended family? Not really. I definitely am for our family though. My hubby takes about 5-10 pictures a month!!! I wish my 14 YO son would start taking pictures of friends and things going on in his life... that's why I got him a phone, doesn't he know that?!?!? :giggle

2. Are you the go-to person when someone needs photos for a project? I am for my church. Whenever they have an event they ask if I can take pictures. I think it's because I have a real camera, but it's SO old and takes mediocre pictures at best. My phone takes better pictures these days. I keep thinking.... don't you have any one else in the congregation with a camera or better yet, a phone?!?!? Lol!

3. How many photos on average do you take a day? a week? a month? I take anywhere from 50-150 pictures a week. Depends on what we have going on.

4. Do you print photos? (Just regular size, 4x6 or whatever, not scrapped.) Nope! Not anymore, I only print my scrapped photo in Shutterfly books.

5. Do you delete photos? Only if they are really REALLY bad. storage space is cheap and my time is valuable. :agree