Greetings! Direct me, I’m new.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Doramiyi, Feb 26, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi there and welcome to the Pad from Dowunder!! As everyone has already said, just holler if you need a hand with anything, there is always someone online to help you! I have been digital scrapping for 10 years now and the enthusiasm has not worn off yet! yay! :)

Doramiyi likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi again! I'm still on the FANniversary high too! :cloud9 I seriously wouldn't have known from your gallery that you were completely new to digi and googling as you were going!
    I haven't used the Project Life app myself but i know Sahlin Studios has some good blog posts on it - you sound like you can manage the basics of adding cards and photos (but this post may be useful if you haven't read it) and have the Over app so you've most likely learnt the stuff in here (but just in case!) and there are a few other ideas for adding text and recolouring cards or items if they do not quite suit your photos as well. And i love this post because sometime i want big photos but my pocket template design doesn't really have space for it so learning about using the same photo across multiple pockets rocked my world!
    Glad to see you're exploring the Pad - inspiration abounds here and it really is a fun place to hang out (in between trips to Disney :giggle)

(Oh and hi i'm Justine, I'm from Down Under like Ona above here; nice to meet you again!)

Doramiyi likes this.
  3. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

Thanks for the additional links @bellbird
    Will definitely check them out. I had come across the post on using other journal cards in the PL app, while doing the recipe challenge. But will definitely check the links out. I’ve been poking around the forum and galleries quite a bit. It’s great.

bellbird likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome! You are in the best digi place around!

Doramiyi likes this.
  5. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Welcome to The Pad! We’re happy you’re here. It looks like you’ve had your initial questions answered, but everyone here loves to help, so please don’t hesitate to ask if you ever have any questions about anything. You can also tag me directly. I’m glad to help. Happy scrapping!!

Doramiyi likes this.
  6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Well Welcome, and I am always late to help out, but that is what is wonderful about the Pad, everyone is so friendly, and willing to help out!
    Im Barbara and I started paper scrapping in 1991 then about 2012ish I tried digital on a dare, lol, so enjoyed getting to play and not have to clean up! BUT I do still get my fingers dirty with inks, paint, papers. I love doing Hybrid! Which you might find you would like too!? One good thing with digital is you can print print and print again! If you are interested we do a Pocket Letter (PL) every month which is Hybrid! We pick a couple themes each month. Get a partner, create our project with that theme and snail mail it to our partner, which means you get one too! Happy Mail Day!
    Here is the one getting decided on RIGHT now if you are interested!?
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/lilypad-letters-swap-mar-2019-sign-up-here.61699/#post-1124584

jenn mccabe and Doramiyi like this.
  7. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

hi and welcome! Love your avatar :)

Doramiyi likes this.
  8. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

Had a quick peek at the thread. Very neat. Definitely right up my ally. Love making and sending mail. Will definitely join up for some future swaps. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    jenn mccabe and Sokee like this.
  9. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

upload_2019-3-1_7-35-48.png
    Thanks. I’m a big kid at heart. Disney makes my heart so happy. The avatar is from the Disney game Tsum Tsum. There was a Japanese site a couple years ago, where we could create our own image. But unfortunately I no longer can find it. The site was in Japanese and not sure if it was only for a certain length of time. So I’ve been hanging on to this one and saving it everywhere.

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Welcome to the Pad! there is so much to do and always something going on. You can literally spend hours and keep discovering new stuff!!!

Doramiyi likes this.
  11. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

That is currently my task at hand. Browsing the MOC’s the last couple days. So much to see, learn, and people’s layout are AMAZING!!!

12. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

13. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

:dancebun

14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hi Dora!!! I see Christa and the girls have given you a hand to get started!!!!
    I haven't been around much these past few days, have some health issues and wasn't all that well, but in general there is always someone around that can answer questions or give you a hand, look forward to seeing you scrap and be part of the family!!! This is the very best, most amazing community of scrappers in the whole industry, you are in the right place!!!!

Doramiyi likes this.
  15. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

Definitely so. Everyone’s been so welcoming and helpful.
    Thanks for the love. I hope you are feeling better and heading in the right direction.

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm late to the party, but wanted to also say welcome to TLP. I love that you've jumped right in and are finding your way around. :)

Doramiyi likes this.
  17. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

Better late than never :) besides you’re not late, you were one of the very firsts to comment/like my layouts. Still remember seeing that and was so happy someone liked my page.

Karen likes this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome to The Pad! This is such a great place to learn and grow with digital/hybrid scrapbooking ... and a great place to meet people who love the hobby as much as you do! I hope you are settling in nicely! Any other questions ... just ask us! :)

Doramiyi likes this.
  19. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Welcome to the Pad @Doramiyi. Looks like the girls have got you completely covered, but definitely holler of you need anything someone will be there to answer you. Have fun! :glomp

Doramiyi likes this.
  20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Doramiyi, and welcome to the Lilypad! So glad that you jumped right in!