La la la | Pad Patter 11.9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Nov 9, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

What's rocking your world in music this week?

[​IMG]

Are you excited about new concert announcements like the Spice Girls reforming (meh, they don't need Posh; I'd rather go see Kylie Minogue here in March, she's been on my bucket list for a while);
    listening to Christmas Carols playlists (shakes head vehemently - are there Thanksgiving songs??);
    discovered someone new or a 'new to you' old song? (CharlieXCX's 1999 has encouraged me to replay a bunch of 90's this week ; I have been listening to a lot to drown out other noise that audiobooks just can't cover and in the spirit of November, I'm so thankful to the inventor of bluetooth and cordless headphones!)

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The Spice Girls reunion is kind of cool, but no Posh! Of course, if I was married to David Beckham, I'd stay home, too :giggle

I'm loving this one by Panic! at the Disco right now

Oh, and Thanksgiving songs... I love this one

Heidi Nicole likes this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Lately I find myself really annoyed with newer music. No idea why. I've been listening to a lot of classic rock and music from the 70's. I think part of it is just wanting to not adult lately so I've been listening to the music that reminds me of my younger years. :shrug

bestcee likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

This is so me. It seems like there used to always be at least a few songs on the radio that I really liked, and now, not so much. I'm with you on the classic rock!

carrie1977 likes this.
  5. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

My husband loves classic rock, so he's gotten me into it in the past few years. There's a station that plays classic rock, and also 90s grunge rock or alternative (which makes me think of my youth) so it's a good mix for me! They play a TON of Green Day though, which is not my favorite--it's just funny because it seriously seems like they play it at least once every hour.

I also went to a Phil Collins concert a couple weeks ago and it was great!!! I don't know why I love him but I do. It was so cool to see him in person.

6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I have been listening to a bit of Parkway Drive and Disturbed recently.... it is indicative of my current state of mind as we barrel towards the end of the school year and the kids are in exam block ... a bit messy and manic.

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We saw Tori Amos in concert two weeks ago, and she was amazing.

I don’t follow a lot info the contemporary music scene. I prefer listening to bluegrass on satellite radio instead no commercials rock!

8. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

A friend posted a song the other day and I was like oh my gosh, I know that song!! I knew it was from a movie but couldn’t place it right away, <insert Google> and, lo and behold, it was from one of my FAVORITE movies, The Holiday! Here’s the movie clip:

and here’s the whole song:

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I just love music! I love most genres, too, and what I listen to depends on my mood. My DD and I were listening to Rusted Root this evening - they were huge when she was in high school and she still listens to them. In pop music, I love Maroon 5 and Train. I have Amazon Unlimited Music which is great because I can listen to music on my laptop while I'm working. I'm listening to Contemporary Christian right now. Like I said, I listen to lots of different music. Andrea Bocelli is another favorite - I was so excited because he appeared live (with his son, Matteo) on Dancing With The Stars recently.

Heidi Nicole and busywoman139 like this.
  10. busywoman139

I love Rusted Root and Train too!!! Also Sonia Dada. And Dave Matthews.

Heidi Nicole likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh, I forgot about Dave Matthews - I love him! I still have my Under The Table and Dreaming CD.

busywoman139 likes this.
  12. busywoman139

DMB is my all time favorite, Needtobreathe and Coldplay aren’t far behind. And give me ALL the 90’s!!!!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

One of my all time faves is Chris Isaac Wicked Game and I love the version by TheoryOf A Deadman too. It came on the radio last night as we got to the restaurant for dinner. I had to stay in the car and sing along before going in for dinner. Tomorrow we’re going to watch Streisand’s A Star Is Born and I’ll be singing along. Then we go to the movies on Sunday to see the new one.

14. IntenseMagic

This is one of my all time favorites, too! I need to go look up the Theory version!

I love Disturbed! Their cover of Sound of Silence is amazing!

Coldplay is up there for me, too! The Scientist is one of my all time favs!

busywoman139 likes this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't tend to listen to much music these days but I do have my favorites. Before I had satellite radio in a vehicle, I listened to CD's of mostly 60's, 70's and early 80's music. Late 80's I was drawn to country music and prefer the 90's country to today's performers.

However, in 2017 I stumbled on an a cappella group that does mostly country music and I have been hooked on them ever since. In fact, I am seeing them in concert tonight where I do believe they will be doing this song:

With my hearing issues I have a hard time with most music because of the instruments being louder than the voices. With Home Free I don't have that problem!!! Not bad to look at either :drool And, that bass... actually they have 2 guys that can sing bass. The bass actually sings tenor in this video and the baritone sings the bass part...

16. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I went to the movies to see A star is Born and Bohemian Rapsody...so lately I've been listening to tons of Queen (CD playing right now), and crying with Lady Gaga - believe me!

there are no artists that I like performing in Brazil on the next months...the last concert I went was Eddie Vedder, in march or april... =(

busywoman139 likes this.
  17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DH recently got us tickets to see Weezer! He knows I love concerts (he's not big on them; he's too introverted). At first Weezer's website only listed like 5 concert dates and all but one was out of the US, I think. The US date was in a city near us, but DH couldn't do that date cuz of work. Thankfully a couple weeks later he got an email from Spotify: subscribers had early access to Weezer's full tour dates! He used the code to get us tickets to a show in another nearby city! So excited! My mom is coming for a visit that week, and so it works out for her to watch the kids. (I did ask her to come after DH got the tickets, but she isn't coming only to babysit...but I am very glad it works out cuz we can take the babysitting money we're saving and get a hotel.)

So, it seems that I am stuck in 90s/00s music. I mean, I like some current stuff (including Weezer's new cover of "Africa" :giggle), but I know I'm old cuz most of the current "hot" music is not stuff I've even heard of. For example, I used to stay up late to watch Saturday Night Live and I knew the musical guest. Last week DH and I looked at each other when the musical guest came on stage (as we watched the recorded show at 8pm the next night!) and we were both like "Who's that?" We hadn't even remembered her name from the opening and we didn't recognize the song she sang. I am out of touch. :backing

busywoman139 likes this.
  18. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I don't listen to a lot of music; in the car I have an oldies country station that plays a lot of the older country songs.

busywoman139 likes this.
  19. busywoman139

I loved Weezer's Blue Album when it first came out!! But they are a group I didn't follow closely. Also, what is played on our local "oldies" radio station is definitely all the stuff I love from the 80's and 90's, LOL!!!

Tree City likes this.
  20. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

There’s not really a genre I won’t listen to... my running playlist has everything from country, to rap, to contemporary Christian music... and everything in between!

My favorite is probably country, new and old... and right now, Christmas music! (Yes, I have a Christmas running playlist! Lol!)

busywoman139 likes this.