Silhouette vs Cricut

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Kat, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Ghislaine

Ghislaine Active Member

They sell a fabric blade for the Silhouette but I'll admit I've never tried it. It's been a while since I did any quilting.

bestcee likes this.
  2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I’m a silhouette turned cricut owner. I started with the silhouette portrait. It did a great job then moved up to the cameo and it did well too. I kept seeing demonstrations of the cricut and it just felt more intuitive and easier to understand to me. I finally gave my cameo away to a very happy college girl in our church who is in her last part of teacher education. I feel certain it will get much love and use in her classroom in years to come. I bought a gorgeous mint green cricut explore air 2 several months back and I have no regrets with the switch. It’s just simpler for my brain to figure out, it cuts beautifully, and I can do the same things with it that I did with my silhouette. The number one reason I switched to cricut is because I can design and cut everything using my iPad. I’m no longer tethered to my computer, which has pretty much become obsolete in my scrapping these days. I don’t think you will go wrong with either one you choose though. They are both wonderful machines.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is really interesting! I don't know anything about the Cricut explore like what you have. I might have to investigate. but it's really good to know there are good options from both sides now! :)