Yum
lorryfach, Apr 18, 2016
Description:
April's featured kit, 30% off all month long!
Baked With Love by Kate Hadfield available at The LilyPad https://the-lilypad.com/store/Baked-With-Love.html
also used:
Painted Pretties by Kate Hadfield available at The LilyPad https://the-lilypad.com/store/Painted-Pretties.html
Raspberry Sorbet alpha by Kate Hadfield, part of the Ultimate Vacation collab at The LilyPad https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-Ultimate-Vacation.html
Lazy Days of Summer cluster template by Rainy Dayz Designs
Fonts: DJBJENNA

I waited until the last minute to go to Hellerup this year. On Thanksgiving Day, I arrived in SuperBest and discovered they were sold out of pumpkin pie filling. I needed a plan B. I can’t very well have no dessert. We had decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday, since it isn’t a holiday here and people don’t get the day off. So I still had some time to prepare something, but I was standing in a supermarket I just spent half an hour to get to, and I wanted to take care of it. So I did what any sensible person would do.
I bought lots of Hershey’s chocolate and some strawberry milk syrup. And then I checked my iPhone for pecan pie recipes. I wanted to make sure there weren’t any weird ingredients I can’t get here. It seemed straightforward enough, so I got a bag of pecans as well.
I wasn’t really looking forward to it, since I remembered not liking pecan pie, but to show a proper Thanksgiving, I’m willing to jump through some hoops. I prepared my pecan pie on Thursday and put it in the freezer until the big day. As I was making it, I wondered what part I wasn’t supposed to like? Freshly roasted pecans? Sugar? Flaky crust? It all seemed quite nice to me.
Then on Saturday, I put it in the oven, and I could smell it. Again, I wondered where I found fault with this.
Then, it sat next to me on the table whilst I ate my turkey, green beans, sweet potatoes, and dressing. I kept eyeing it thinking it looked suspiciously delicious.
Then, I finished my dinner, and served myself a slice.
It was simply divine. I don’t know what I was thinking as a kid. Pecan pie is good. I love pecan pie. I want to make another pecan pie. I’m glad I bought pecans. Thank you, SuperBest, for selling out of pumpkin pie filling.
wvsandy likes this.
    • Tree City
      Love it! I didn't like pecan pie as a kid either, but DH made me try a slice a few years ago and I realized the same thing as you did. :) What a fun way to document so much: the ("out of what I needed") trip to the grocery store for a holiday, the decision to try something else, and the pie's Eureka! moment. :)
      lorryfach likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      me too! I would look at this thing and go yuck! give me that rich orangey pie with loads of whip cream. I was at a friends, and she asked if I wanted pie, sure...and YIKES out came this burnt looking brown glob. Being kind I took my first delicious outrageously wonderful bite! I love it! and we have pecan trees grow here, like weeds!
      lorryfach likes this.
    • Nemla
      Ohh, I wish I was at your dinner table, not just to taste your pie, but to see your face when you tasted it yourself ! And I love your page too.
      lorryfach likes this.
    • Kate
      I love your journaling! Such a fun story to tell and to remember - when you discovered your love for pecan pie! You scrapped it beautifully too!
      lorryfach likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kate Hadfield
    Uploaded By:
    lorryfach
    Date:
    Apr 18, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    256.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).