You Are Growing Up
dotcomkari, Oct 28, 2015
Description:

Credits:
Just Jaimee: Sept 2014 Story Teller, Dec. 2013 Story Teller
Just Jaimee and Mommyish: A Year in Review
Kim Jensen: Geo-Mats
Heather Joyce: The Reed

Seven years ago today, I experienced the greatest miracle on earth as you were born into this world. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I knew you were a gift from God. For the first time in seven years, I am really feeling the full import of your birthday-- that you are growing up, never to return to that of a little child. You are so big this year. You make conversation, you do dishes, you are in first grade, you make real choices, and you no longer want to be the "baby"! You came in last night before bed, and gave me my "last six-yr. old hug," and rather than feeling loss for the time that is passing so quickly, I was challenged to make every day I continue to have with you count. There have been many days that mommy has wasted, focusing on the wrong things, harboring a discontented attitude. I\'m embarrassed to say that I have even felt, at times, that you and your siblings were a burden. God has instructed my heart concerning these things, and whether you have noticed or not, Mommy has made a conscious choice to diligently enjoy all that the Lord's entrusted to my care. I think this is why our little "dates" to the park, pool or around the block have been so special lately. I have been so amazed at the girl that you are--the insight, the humor, the sensitivity--as we walk and talk. I love that you want to hold my hand around the neighborhood. I know that too will pass, but for now--it is such a blessing to me. I want you to know that you are unique and very special. Happy 7th Doodle!
    • NancyBeck
      Incredible piece of journaling!  I think any one of us who has ever been a Mother can relate to what you say and bless you for being brave enough to say it aloud.  Your page is amazing!  I love that there is so much eye candy yet your photo doesn't get lost in the mix and the pretty script title overlapping that sweet photo is the cherry on top!
    • jenn mccabe
      wow kari! the journaling is amazing, so good to see you in the gallery again. i love your dynamic pages! well done!
    • gracielou
      I love all the creativeness to this layout!!
    • justjaimee
      Love all the dimension and details here - such a beautiful page :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Just Jaimee
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Oct 28, 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: