dotcomkari

You are Beautiful

You are Beautiful
dotcomkari, May 9, 2014
Description:

You taught me a lesson recently--or at least reminded me anyways-- of how sometimes things just don\'t go as planned. There are bumps on life’s path that we have to overcome. You started a new medication for your seizures that has caused you to put on a large amount of weight. My sweet Bianca, you were thin to start with, but this medication has made you balloon from a size 8 to a size 16 in less than a year. This change has been extremely hard for you and you are taking it very roughly. You are very worried you are no longer beautiful. The kids at school have been very cruel about your changes, other kids can be that way. Sweetheart, you are stunning no matter what. Your outside may look different; but looks are not everything my sweet Binks. Your inside beauty is more beautiful than most people’s .
To know me is to know my love for the imperfect. It took me a long time in my life to learn that imperfection is where the beauty is; the beauty in things, as well as the beauty in us. The bumps, the curves, the mistakes, the quirks, the out of focus, the slightly off, the real. This is where the best of life lies, in the imperfections. I hope that as you discover yours, you will choose to embrace them, to cherish them in yourself and in the world around you, in the people you meet, in the people you come to love. Imperfect is movement and light and laughter and life, it is honesty and openness, it is round and soft and sight and sound; it is love. I pray that you will never try and have a perfect life, that you will never try to be a perfect person; that you will see the greatness in imperfect things and be proud of the things that make you different and unique. This image of you is incredibly imperfect; it is full of things that are “wrong”, things that missed the mark; but I love it. I love it more because of those imperfections, because when I see it, I can hear you laughing, I can feel your joy; I am right back there in that silly, noisy, moving, giggling moment. It’s like you, like me, like life; perfectly imperfect. I love you so much my sweet Bianca Rose. … imperfections and all. Remember you are BEAUTIFUL!

Credits:
Lynne-Marie and Sara Gleason:
Grace

Little Butterfly Wings and Pink Reptile Designs:
Lean on Me

Little Butterfly Wings:
Don\'t Stop Believing Elements

Kim Jensen:
Cardboard Broken Hearts
Capricious Elements

Sahlin Studios:
Tabbed Folders
Perfectly Imperfect

Studio Basic:
Go To Elements Art Journaling 1
Go to Elements Art Journaling 2

Heather Joyce:
The Sharron
The Bold and the Beautiful
The Megan

Two Tiny Turtles:
The Wonderful Moments Templates (edited to my liking)

• pbrooks
      She is a beautiful girl with a lovely smile! Your journaling brought tears to my eyes. My daughter was teased in high school and it almost broke my heart. 
      Your layering is unbelievable!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Product Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    May 9, 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: