Yesterday

Yesterday
tanteva, Jul 11, 2022
Description:
Credits:
Journal With Photos Templates 2 by Scrapping with Liz
ArtCrush No. 13 by NBK Designs

Fonts - Bootle & Georgia

Inspiration from smileark's layout 2022_SummerSchool_Week1 (https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/2022_-summerschool_-week1.510462/) where she uses different styles on the hearts. I did that with the paper stars in this layout.

NOTE: translation contains SPOILERS

Translation:
I was about 12 years old when I met Micke för the first time. At that time, at the library, you could book head phones, and sit down and listen to music. At one table there were two sets of head phones, and there Micke introduced me to Beatles. It was the beginning of a long relationship. Not with Micke, but with Beatles. I love their music, they have a totally magic music. Nowadays, I understand how groundbreaking they were and how big their impact on other musicians have been. So, when I, last year saw that there was a movie valled Yesterday, I knew I had to buy it. I'd never heard of it, just bought it on impulse when I saw it in the web shop. Turned out to be a hit! The movie is a nice feelgood story with lots of Beatles' music. Even better: it's British, which is a plus for an anglophile like me. Also, I've always been fascinated with movies about time travelling or parallell universes and stuff like that, and that's just what I got this time. The movie is about Jack, a mediocre singer/songwriter, who suddenly finds himself in a world where no one ever heard of The Beatles. When he plays Yesterday for his friends, they've never heard it. At first, Jack thinks it's a joke, but when he realizes that no one ever heard of The Beatles, he sees his chance. And from that on, everything's just happens fast. Jack becomes a super star, gets a record deal and goes on toue. All with the Beatle songs, that's new to everyone. The movie is full of great characters, and Jack's life gets weirder and weirder. At the same time, he's struggling with his conscience. He did steal all the music. There's a lot happening in the movie, but there's one particular scene that I love. Jack has finally met two other persons who remember Beatles too. They give him an address and Jack goes to that place. There he finds John Lennon. In this parallell universe, John never became a super star, hence never got killed. In this world he lives like and a simple artist, somewhere in the rural Britain, painting and is content. I had goosebumps all over, and cried. It was such a fantastic scene. So strong. And I cannot help to wonder. What choices do we make every day that has the potential to change our lives? When do we make the choice that will make our lives take a new turn? When do we determine when/where/how we one time will die? What choices shouldn't we have made? What choices shouldn't we make in the future? All these thoughts are born in my head from just a simple comedy. If someone should ask me today which movie is the best I've ever seen, it will be this one. Yesterday has everything. The music, charm, parallell worlds, British English, a good story, lovely characters and a happy ending. I can watch this again and again. Watching it makes you as happy as when you are listening to Ob-la-di, ob-la-da.
LynnG likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love that you added the translation includes spoilers! Yesterday is such a fun creative story! Thanks for sharing your love of the movie and the Beatles.
      tanteva likes this.
    • MishSpar
      Saw this in the challenge thread, WOW! So much to love about this. The idea of putting your journaling in the shape to finish the visual of the "record" is AMAZING!
      tanteva likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      I didn't read the journaling because of the spoilers, but I love the circular design, text on a path and the stars. Thanks for playing along with the July 2022 TLP inspiration challenge!
      tanteva likes this.
    • LynnG
      I liked that movie too! DH took us all to see it, it turned out to have a very poignant message about living in truth. I tried to find it streaming the other week to watch again but no luck yet! Love your page.
      tanteva likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    tanteva
    Date:
    Jul 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    237.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).