KAPOH

Who Do You Think You Are?

Who Do You Think You Are?
KAPOH, Apr 11, 2015
Description:

JOURNALING:
BOOK: I've been researching the Wainwright family tree and, OMG! I've found a huge scandal from back in the 1800's! As you may remember, my husband's father, Donald Wainwright, passed away last year and we found a lot of old photos in his attic when we closed up his house. These two really caught my eye. The one is of my late father-in-law from around 1955 or so. And the older photo is about 100 years earlier. According to info. written on the back, this is Donnan Wainwrite (note the change in spelling of the last name). The resemblance is uncanny! Wainwrite was my husband's great-grandfather's brother and was apparently the "black sheep" of the family. In fact, it is in that generation that the family name seems to have been altered to WRIGHT from WRITE. AND, we discovered this old wanted poster (undated) that used this same photo. My husband's relative was wanted for murder! Obviously, I'll be doing further research to find out what this was all about and what became of Donnan!
WANTED POSTER: Donnan G. Wainwrite 12 counts of murder in the first degree, 14 counts of armed theft of Federation property, 22 counts of train robbery and 18 counts of fraud. $15,000 Reward.

CREDITS: PHOTOS: modern man (edited) from Pixshark.com; wanted poster (edited) by PDSmith on DeviantArt; background from Artemis Films. KITS: Room 19 Project 1 Finding Yourself and inspiration photo by Sissy Sparrows (TLP) and Love Mini Kit by Blue Heart Scraps (GS); FONT: Janda Elegant Handwriting Regular
    • cfile
      Terrific page and what a wonderful story! Too funny! love the blending and the "1955" version :)
    • jenn mccabe
      love the composition and the story is awesome. great take on this challenge. love it!!! :)
    • AnneofAlamo
      OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh what a story, and the fun all over the page is worth more than one glance!! Your blends in the background and font are a delicious combination!
    • PLM
      This is so unique!!!!
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Your story is so interesting, it's almost believable!  I love how you created the modern photo from the subject photo.  Great job.
    • Dana
      this is super awesome!  i seriusly want to read more of the story! LOL!  
    • jenevang
      This is just a super fun page all over!  Love the page and your imagination.  WELCOME TO THE LILYPAD!
    • scrapsandsass
      So much fun! I love the wanted poster and the story you created to piece everything together! Fabulous!
    • beszteri
      Wow, LOVE your story and your composition too! Great take on the challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Apr 11, 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: