Neverland Scraps

Where Is He?

Where Is He?
Neverland Scraps, Jan 9, 2017
Description:
**MOC Day 9 - Clean and Simple**
Hopefully this tells the story, from my then 1 year old's perspective, of the day my husband had to go overseas for the year.

Journaling:
I don't understand everything that is going on. We all went to the airport together, but Daddy didn’t come home with us. Mama told me that Daddy had to go away for a year, but I don't know what she means by a year. Is that a long time? Will he be home soon? Why were the girls crying when Daddy walked down that hallway? Why is everyone sad? I miss my daddy already. I really hope he’ll be there tonight to tuck me in bed or to read me a story. Look! The pilots are waving at me! Can I see Daddy? What do you mean Daddy can’t come to the front the plane? Why is the plane leaving us? Mama! Where’s Daddy going! I want him home with us. I miss my daddy!

Credits:
Across the Miles | Elements by Amber LaBau
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Across-the-Miles-Elements.html

Across the Miles | Papers by Amber LaBau
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Across-the-Miles-Papers.html
MrsGaramer likes this.
    • ashleywb
      Oh, this is so sweet and tender. It must have been so difficult for you to explain to him. I love the map as a background.
    • bestcee
      I love that you journaled from your son's perspective! It's so sweet and beautiful. The arrows tell so much before you even read the journaling.
    • EHStudios
      This is beautiful! That map paper is perfect with your title & I love your opposing arrows. This is just so touching!!
    • dailydwelling
      Oh, my gosh...your journaling is making me cry! I love the way you wrote it from your son's point of view. We are smack dab in the middle of a one year unaccompanied tour with my husband in Korea right now and I can so relate to this! Your background paper is a perfect way to accent the story you're telling.
    • Neverland Scraps
      @dailydwelling My husband was doing a one year unaccompanied to Gitmo. I totally understand how hard it is with them--they aren't deployed, people consider a deployment, he's not in danger. Hopefully you have better internet connection with yours than we did ours---Gitmo had horrible internet, we couldn't even Skype. Half the time, his FB wouldn't load. It was frustrating to say the least! If you ever need to talk, cry, anything....message me! <3
    • dailydwelling
      @Neverland Scraps Oh, thank you! And same for you. It really is so much harder without the internet. Thankfully Korea is well equipped with internet access and we're able to stay in touch pretty often.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Neverland Scraps
    Date:
    Jan 9, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    216.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).