meagan43

We Wants The Exit - MOC 8 Day 17

We Wants The Exit - MOC 8 Day 17
meagan43, Jan 20, 2020
Description:
The Lilypad's MOC 8 - January 17 Hindsight 20/20 Journaling Challenge
My word count is 500
Using Sahling Studio & Britt-ish Designs - Project Mouse Pirates
Scrapping with Liz - Long Blocks template (altered)
Journaling Reads:"Psst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course, mateys" Never has that phase been truer! We came seekin' adventure and salty old pirates, but the squalls ahead seemed to have cursed this favorite place. Fantasmic was just ending and we wanted to take advantage of a shorter Pirates line, so we rushed over to ride. We quickly boarded our raft and sent on our pillaging way. We were brave and fool enough to face a pirates' curse and the squalls were low. Then we passed the battle scene and approached the town and the dunking of the magistrate, Carlos, the boats stacked up and came to a stop, right as we heard the script.
CAPTOR PIRATE: Pipe the lubber aloft, matey. Where be Cap'n Jack Sparrow and the treasure, ya bilge rat?!
CARLOS' WIFE: Don't tell him, Carlos! No, no, no, no!
(RIFLE PIRATE shoots at her. She screams and disappears behind the shutter.)
RIFLE PIRATE: Hahaha, scuttle, ya bilge rat!
CARLOS (Getting dunked): No! No! I'll talk! No! No! No!
CAPTOR PIRATE: Take him aloft again, matey!
CARLOS' WIFE: Be brave, Carlos! Don't listen to him!
(RIFLE PIRATE shoots at her again, laughs.)
CAPTOR PIRATE: Where be Cap'n Jack Sparrow? Speak up-or do you fancy a swim with Davy Jones?!
CARLOS' WIFE: Don't tell him, Carlos! Don't be chee-cken!
(RIFLE PIRATE shoots at her again. CARLOS gets dunked.)
CARLOS: I am no chee-cken! I will not talk! (He gets dunked again and gurgles.)
After 25-30 minutes of hearing Carlos not being a "chee-cken" and the attempts to get the ride working (putting it in and out of different "modes"), cast members notified us that they were taking it "out of attraction mode". They turned on the lights and finally poor Carlos was no longer being dunked and we didn't have to hear the same track over and over again. It was fascinating to see the ride with all the lights on. Some parts were a bit creepy (like the pirates staring right at you). We started to see Cast Members coming down a hidden staircase to our left and it was a good thing because our butts were tired of sitting on those hard seats. We really lucked out because our boat was parked right next to an emergency exit and so we were the second boat evacuated. By the time we were evacuated, we had been stuck for 45 minutes. They took us up the secret staircase, behind the ride, up one staircase, down another, over a hallway, outside to a parking lot, back inside through the kitchens passed racks of bread, down another elevator and through another passage and out into New Orleans! As we left, they gave us a "blank" Fast Pass which is good for any attraction. We used our Fast Pass for Space Mountain which had a long line, but hindsight is 20/20, we would have skipped Pirates that night and went without the special pass! It wasn't worth the back pain!
JennFort likes this.
    • bcnatty
      Crazy!! 45 minutes on that boat ride would not have been fun...but interesting to see all the behind the scene passages that I've always heard about!
    • EHStudios
      Ugh! I'm with you! That wouldn't have been worth it for just a special pass. Love your whole dialogue that I'm sure was getting so tiring to hear! HA!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    meagan43
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    499.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px
    Date / Time:
    2020:01:20 19:45:57

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).