Warren, Michigan
weaselwatchr, Jan 23, 2022
Description:
Free with Purchase: TLP COLLAB: Compass
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Free-with-15-Purchase-COLLAB-compass.html
Scrapping with Liz My Faves Templates 3
https://the-lilypad.com/store/My-Faves-Templates-3.html

Journaling =169 words
Geographical items: Compass, map paper, geotag washi, Map flower (green), compass flair, geotag
Warren, Michigan, population 134,000 has been our hometown since 1998. It is the third largest city in Michigan. Canada is actually located south of us. This picture was taken at the Warren City Hall Center. To be honest I’m not even sure what the sculpture is called. Warren really isn’t that famous for anything in particular. It is the home of Cadillac headquarters. The Detroit Arsenal tank plant is located here. It was the first ever manufacturing plant built for the mass production of tanks during the 1940s. During the 1988 presidential election, presidential hopeful Mike Dukakis was photographed riding a tank at this plant. On a personal note, when I told Michael about this layout, he told me that his Pop had actually gone through Warren during the late fifties on his way to a soil and water convention. He stopped here to buy some shoes. He lived in Baton Rouge at the time so quite the strange coincidence that he bought shoes here so far from home.
Scrapping with Liz likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      lovely photo, pretty cluster. Great story telling.
      Now I need to go find a map and discover how Canada can be south of you.
    • jk703
      Ha! I had to google to see how Canada was south! And a little personal shoe tidbit that was so funny! Small world - out of all the towns he bought things - you ended up at one! I loved reading a little about your area and thank you for sharing! The map flower was clever! Great page and I love the coloring!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    weaselwatchr
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).