jang

W 1 11 21 Bx

W 1 11 21 Bx
jang, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
Rebecca Mcmeen - Steampunk Alice https://the-lilypad.com/store/wonderland-meets-steampunk.html
Sweet Home Savannah font 653 words with the title
My Mom had this curio cabinet where she dis er Royal Wheat dishes and her blue glass dishes. I now have the cabinet and I am displaying my teacup and teapot collection, where the teapot and accessories on the left of the third shelf down were part of my Mom’s dishes. It brings me such joy seeing them sitting in the cabinet. In all actuality, all my collection brings me joy just as going out for tea brings me joy. Although it was a lot of work putting on, our two in house teas was also a source of great joy and memories. It was the first time Gigi had black tea. She loved it, which isn’t surprising because she has a British, Irish, and Scottish lineage as part of her ancestry,

For a time, I was having fun trying to find teacups and teapots from countries mentioned in our ancestry. The tea service on the top shelf right is Royal Tara made in Ireland. It is so cute with all the shamrocks on it. I found this set on Ebay. I just wish the teapot would hold more water. We all like tea.

The mugs on the top shelf left also bring me joy for an extra special reason. I found these mugs at Christmas time in a set with tea from of all places K Mart. What amazes me is they are porcelain and made in England. It seems now that you see designed in England but not made in England on teaware.

What makes these mugs special is because I bring two of them when we go traveling and stay in motels. I always have tea with the continental breakfast. I have always hated the paper, or foam cups the motels use. Now we bring our mugs along and the tea tastes so much better. Also, they are a reminder of fun times.

The orange teacups on the second shelf left make me laugh to look at them. I was looking for inexpensive but nice teacups for the tea that Tia and I were hosting for family and friends. I saw these orange teacups and was so tempted to buy them. I was talking to Tia and told her about them and then I was talking to Rich about them. They are lustreware from the 1920’s and I was debating on buying them. They were made in Czechoslovakia which is also part of my heritage. Rich thought I should buy them but when I went back they were already sold. The funny part is a couple weeks later Scott and Tia gave me a thank you gift. It was the teacups. These teacups will always have special memories attached to them.

The two teacups under the orange ones are a Royal Albert and an Aynsely. I nearly fell over when I found these at a consignment shop for $3.00 each. At this same consignment shop, I found the bell shaped teapot. It is a Sadler. It was tucked away in a corner of a dark case. This was not quite the buy because it cost me $40.00. But, I like it so it was worth it.

I am not an antiquer but one day we were going up to Green Bay to spend the day. I had to use the restroom, so I asked Rich to pull off of 43. He did. We went right past a huge antique store. I told him on the way back to 43 I wanted to stop. They didn’t have much of interest to me and their prices were expensive. I did find the yellow rose teacup at the back of the shop. It was $9.00. I thought that was a reasonable price for a souvenir of our day. I also think it pairs well with the Sadler teapot.

I am so blessed to have so many treasures. January 11, 2021.
    • flowersgal
      What a lovely layout and interesting story of your collection. Your tea things looks great in that glass-front cabinet which, also has a story. My house is like that -- almost everything hanging on my walls has a story connected with it of when, when, who and sometimes why. You have inspired me with your layout.
    • bestcee
      Thanks for sharing your collection. I enjoyed the story about each of your tea pieces. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jang
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    210.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).