mary kate

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival
mary kate, May 18, 2019
Description:
After a long, hard winter, over a million tulips in bloom in Ottawa!

May 2019 Template Challenge: Lynn Grieveson Designs
Bloom & Grow Collab: The Lilypad Designers
Blue Skies elements: Pink Reptile Designs
Scrap Fever borders: Pink Reptile Designs
Fonts: Cherokee Rose; Spring Market; Summer Market
LynnG, jesskab, morgyns and 1 other person like this.
    • morgyns
      Great layout, all those layers look wonderful.
      mary kate likes this.
    • umyesh
      Yay for flowers after a long, hard winter! I love your split title and the different scallops along the top and bottom edges. Great use of the template with all those different paper layers.
      mary kate likes this.
    • bellbird
      this is just delightful- love the split title &gorgeous mix of papers!
      mary kate likes this.
    • cfile
      so beautiful!!! I adore tulips.. they should be called the happy flower as they always make me smile!!! I love the mix of papers to match the colors of the Tulips.. great title work and I love all the tulip elements to accent your photo..welll done! Thanks for playing along with the template challenge!!!
      mary kate likes this.
    • mary kate
      Btw, there's an interesting history behind Ottawa's annual Tulip Festival, and it has to do with close ties between Canada and the Netherlands.

During World War II, when the Netherlands was under Nazi occupation, Canada sheltered the Dutch royal family; and when Princess Margaret of the Dutch royal family was born at the Ottawa Civic Hospital in 1943, the government of Canada declared the maternity ward of that hospital to be "extraterritorial," thereby allowing Princess Margaret to be born a citizen of the Netherlands (though actually born in Canada). In gratitude, the Dutch sent 100,000 tulip bulbs to Ottawa...and Ottawa has been blooming beautiful tulips ever since...!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    mary kate
    Date:
    May 18, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    242.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).