cookingmylife

Too Many Wars

Too Many Wars
cookingmylife, Nov 7, 2020
Description:
Dick & I had been in DC for the Rolling Thunder parade one year but only for a short time. In 2007 I decided to go by myself & had a very emotional day. The lines at The Wall were long & the people were mostly silent. I was so grateful that my former husband served in the Air Force during the Vietnam war but when he volunteered for an assignment there, he was told he was over qualified. That changed our lives for the better. I don’t know that he’s ever seen the wall but I have. And it hurts.

lgrieveson_lots_pockets_4_2
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Lots-of-Pockets-No4.html
lgrieveson_winds_change
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Winds-of-Change-Kit.html

Thanks for looking!
MrsPeel and Tree City like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      I agree, too many wars. Great documenting.
    • MrsPeel
      this is amazing, Maureen, couldn't agree more, indeed, too many wars..... I can imagine it has to be a very, very emotional time...being there.... the page is amazing, is the bottom photo a reflexion of the people on the wall? or is it some transparent thing? I had heard about The Rolling Thunder but never look it up so I m not sure how it looks like, but you certainly made a fabulous page here, the background paper is perfect, love your journal spot element ....brilliant page....
      sharing :)
      into the November Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
    • cookingmylife
      Thank you @MrsPeel Yes, the bottom photo is straight out of the camera. The stone of The Wall (the Vietnam Veterans Memorial) is highly reflective polished granite and Rolling Thunder was a motorcycle ride 'parade' of Vietnam Veterans. The shear number of riders and the volume of the engines was a powerful experience. Rolling Thunder was also, of course, the name of the longest bombing campaign by the US in Vietnam. 2019 was the last ride of the Veterans group due to lack of support by the government.
    • jenn mccabe
      My dad was there. So grateful he came home. But to see how very long that wall is hurts very much. I've been a few times and it is not easy. Thank you to your husband, and you too, for his service! Beautifully captured - the reflection is gorgeously done!
    • mcurtt
      What a fantastic photo of the wall with the reflection. And the abstract paper choices are a good choice for this. A somber time.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Nov 7, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).