staciahall

To the Rescue

To the Rescue
staciahall, Jan 31, 2019
Description:
Digital Travelers Notebook Templates by Just Jaimee; Lemonade Stand and Be Connected by Mommyish; Summer Blast Flairs, Summer Blast Papers and Shabby School Papers by Kim Jensen; Daily Bulletin, At the Moment, Big Ideas and Busy Week by One Little Bird; Its a Theory by Etc by Danyale

Journaling reads:
When I first started in public accounting it was for KPMG Peat Marwick. They came into the Orlando market by buying a local firm that specialized in agribusiness - think sugar cane, fertilizer, citrus, etc. While others liked working downtown in shiny new buildings, I enjoyed my time out in the rural areas at the agribusiness clients. They actually saw auditors as a help and not something to dislike.

After a few years off when the kids were little, I was starting to consider working again. Then the air conditioner at the house broke and I mentioned that maybe I could work for a few months to pay for a new one. The former agribusiness partners at KPMG had finished our their required tenure and left to start their own accounting firm, RSTW. One of them was out at Mike’s office and he asked about me. When he heard I might want to work, they invited me to help with the audit of one of my old citrus clients. I worked for them for a few months and decided I wanted to go back to work full time. Within a few weeks, another one of the partners told me about a job opportunity at a citrus cooperative close to my house. He thought it might be a good fit.

He must have been right... I’ve been here for over 23 years. The citrus industry in Florida has changed SO much over the last ten years or so, with canker and greening. Our company has diversified into other areas and we’ve significantly downsized. We’re now down to three people and planning for it to be two. Every time my boss gets onto a conference call and family members start talking about closing businesses and winding down I get worried about the long term stability of my job. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my job! It’s been so long that it’s super easy for me. I could do it in my sleep. So I’d been wondering if I needed to think about finding another job but not liking the thought. I’d be giving up something close to home, easy to do and working with people who’ve become like family. I didn’t want to think about leaving them without support.

So one of the RSTW partners calls from out of the blue with a proposition for me. Another citrus family located about five minutes from my current job was looking for a part time controller doing basically the same tasks that I do now. So I could have the best of both worlds! Both companies win by having my skill set but being able to share the expenses and I win by gaining long term stability. RSTW to the rescue again!
    • wombat146
      Fabulous notebook page Stacia, I especially love the colourful borders top and bottom. I could make bits of your jouraling but I did see somewhere else that you have been offered another job-sharing position which I know you were thrilled about, congratulations! :)
      staciahall likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    staciahall
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).