Claire Grantham

TLP_Journaling_June2021_Believe-in-Myself

TLP_Journaling_June2021_Believe-in-Myself
Claire Grantham, Jun 10, 2021
Description:
Perfect challenge for my current life situation.
Many of you are aware (as I have scrapped about it) that I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in January. Aside from the genetics aspect of it, a lot of it was my own fault, with my poor dietery choices :(
So I decided to take action, as 6.6 on the glucose scale is only 1 point away from being a diabetic. My plan was that I would drop it 5 points to approx 6-6.1 by my May check-up.
I cut out sugar - which was SO hard, the first 4 weeks were agony and I reduced my carb intake to 137g a day - generally for dinner.
When I had my check-up, my glucose levels were 5.7 (taking me out of pre-diabetic range) - I cried, the Endocrinologist cried. It was quite something, he was so proud of me and I was proud of myself too because it's a lifestyle change and I am loving it AND I have lost 42lbs and counting..
The thing that I am most proud of though is that sugar is now a treat and I don't use it as a crutch to get me through life!

I used -
SwL - Bits and Pieces Templates
Just Jamiee - Work it Girl kit
Just Jamiee - March 2020 and June 2020 Storyteller styles
Mommyish - Glossy Epoxy styles March 2020 (from Yas Spring Bundle)
NBK - Beyond the Sea - Teared Photos
NBK-Design and JenEm like this.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      Love that burst paper coming out from behind your gorgeous layering.
    • Claire Grantham
    • flowersgal
      @Claire Grantham - Just WOW to your accomplishment and BRAVO to you. I'm truly wondering HOW you managed to lose weight on 137 gr of carb per day. I have been trying to eliminate sugar and keep carbs under 60 gr per day and in 2 months I have lost almost 5 pounds. I know at my age that my metabolism is very slow but .... Any suggestions?
    • Claire Grantham
      @flowersgal Thanks Patsy. Good for you, making the effort. It is not easy. So my advice is to consider fruit your enemy too and I also work out 4-5 times a week and I am a 50% cardio and 50% weight training gal! That helps a lot, because if you replace carbs with protein, you have to burn that fast, otherwise it is just as bad as sugar and carbs. My breakfast is ALL protein and so are my snacks, so that is why you have to work out. Cardio has been the major win - I try and burn minimum 600 calories with my workouts.
    • flowersgal
      @Claire Grantham - At my age I am allergic to Cardio and most weight bearing exercise. Hoping to live the rest of my life without need for replacement parts (knees, shoulders, hips, etc). I do walk in my neighborhood with a friend 3 or more days a week. Used to do Tai Chi which I loved but it got cancelled when Covid hit and hasn't resumed yet. So relaxing and good stretching. I tell myself that at least I am learning maintenance really well as I try to be largely vigilant in my limits on carbs and sugar.
    • Nemla
      Wow,well done you. What an achievement. And you page is so nice and stylish too.
    • bestcee
      Way to go! I love the neutral tones with the pops of pink and blue. It's very happy feeling.
    • bellbird
      fantastic achievement, glad your dedication has paid off :cheer
    • Claire Grantham
      bellbird and bestcee like this.
    • JenEm
      You are amazing, Claire! Congrats on your achievement, and on the Pride of The Pad. It is well deserved! :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Claire Grantham
    Date:
    Jun 10, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    277 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).