TIme Flies
jam-on-toast, Sep 27, 2021
Description:
Materials used - all by Rachel Jefferies

Serendipity
Pocket Art Signature Kit 5
Today

The journaling reads:
I love a catchy turn of phrase. And I love me a witty, with a hint of profound, quote that makes me chuckle and nod in agreement. Yes, just like wine, I am getting more full-bodied with every year that passes, and yes, I’m fine with being a dinosaur because that means my grandkids will love me.
On a serious note though, I never understood why turning 30 (or 40 or 45 for that matter) would be a scary thing. And definitely never have I ever wished I were twenty again. Not once in my life. Scout’s honor! Because back then I wasn’t this cool. Because I have spent 25 years becoming a better version of myself. Because while at the age of 20 I thought I knew things… now I know I do. Why would I want to give up my hard-earned self-confidence, my skills, my life experience for a wrinkle-free reflection in the mirror? I like myself today much more than I did last millennium. Pun intended.
Well... no, I am not impervious to the effects of ageing... and am beginning to suspect that my collagen night cream is a little bit of a waste of money. And I’m grateful to Zoom for touching up my appearance and erasing some of those “past smiles”. But I don't want to be mistaken for my kids' sister, however flattering that might appear to be. Because it's not. I love being their mom and wouldn't give that up for anything, definitely not for a youthful appearance. And if I looked and behaved like someone 30 years younger... that would imply I haven't been particularly good at this life thing. And I prefer to think I've matured... not like cheese that grows noble mold, but like an antique vase that is precious because of all it has survived. So... in conclusion... getting old doesn't scare me...
wvsandy likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Sep 27, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    161.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).