jenn mccabe

This Matters

This Matters
jenn mccabe, Jul 14, 2018
Description:
For the Journaling Challenge - This is based on a photo and emotions I was dealing with back in Nov 2016. Seeing both my kids in the kitchen - just hanging out around the island/on the stools. (Which they never really use these past few years - but they LIVED on them when they were tiny!) I made a page back then about how one day soon they'd be leaving me - well, I'm crying buckets these days because my oldest is headed off to boot camp in 23 days and I'm not dealing with it very well. So for me ... my trigger is my kitchen stools - I took a new photo - one that is without the kids - just the two lonely stools because the day is here. :( I'm thankful I still have my girl here with me for another year. But my son leaving is going to be so hard. Here's the original page I did :

[​IMG]

Fall Memories Elements by Dawn Inskip
Fall Memories Mixed Media Overlays by Dawn Inskip
Weathered Kit by Dawn Inskip
Basic White #1 {CU or PU} by Paula Kesselring
KittyY likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      The watercolor treatment is an action by Seven Styles recommended to me by @cfile - and I absolutely LOVE it!
      Keela and KittyY like this.
    • KittyY
      1) I love that watercolor treatment. Gonna check that out!
      2) gorgeous design and great job on the challenge!!
      3) don't worry Momma, your son will sit in that seat again! I got all emotional when my son left for Basic Training, I so get it :)
    • Keela
      I was hoping you were going to say how you did that to your photo! Perfect photo for how you're feeling. I'd be :cry too, but this layout is gorgeous!
    • Serena
      This hit me right in the feels!! Such a beautiful layout and elegant elements to add to it. Wow!! This made ME want to come sit in your stools forever and promise not to leave! They have a great mama and I hope that everything works out. Huge hugs!!
      cfile and jenn mccabe like this.
    • Carol K.
      I wanted to like this page, but since I'm going through it too, 'like' doesn't seem right. It is a beautiful page and brought me to tears for you and for me.
    • jenn mccabe
      TY both @KittyY & @Keela it's the Mixed Media action to be specific - he has a lot of them. @Serena you can come sit on my stools anytime! and hugs to you @Carol K. It's so so hard!
      Serena likes this.
    • cfile
      Sweet sweet Jenn, what a beautiful page and very artistic with the SS Mixed Media action... I love that you took the journaling from the original page and updated it. I am hugging you close re your son going off to Boot Camp... It will be ok. Is he going in the Army? I know it is very hard but you will be so proud of him.. Hooah!! Thank you for his service :) I am glad your daughter is still home for another year .. it will be ok really... the time when they have their own families is right around the corner and the stools will be filled again and the sounds in your kitchen will have love and laughter in them again.... plus when everyone comes home for the holidays! I love the blend work here and I love how you took the photo of your kitchen with the empty stools... pefect for your page. I love the artistic sketch blend.. you did a great job with it!! Great clustering and I love too that you are using Dawn's kits for your July challenges.. just gorgeous and thanks for joining in on the journaling challenge... Hugs to you.. I am here for you Jenn anytime you need to talk.
    • HeatherB
      This is such a beautiful page, both the design, execution, and the journaling. Love the watercolour action on the photo and the masking into the background. Great page!
    • jenn mccabe
      @cfile Thank you so much for the sweet words - especially the stools being filled with a new generation someday. Love that! He's headed into the Marines. Thank you again for everything - you mean a lot to me. :beat
      cfile likes this.
    • melidy
      This is beautiful Jenn and so touching, such a perfect page.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    jenn mccabe
    Date:
    Jul 14, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    289.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).