KittyY

Their life story

Their life story
KittyY, Nov 2, 2016
Description:
Used SOSN - Lifetime Stories by Etc
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-2016-September-Digital-Scrapbook-Kit.html

Very few people get to see true committed love lived right out in front of them. This is my parents, just weeks after celebrating their 60th anniversary. They made it 10 years past both of their parents. which is another blessing all in itself. Watching my parents at the end was very surreal and I sat in silence and found myself mentally writing it all down. It was certainly too much at the time. It felt sacred.

Watching my father so tenderly brushing her hair while telling her she was beautiful was one of the most intimate moments I have ever experienced. It shaped me. In fact, many of the things my parents taught me were mainly learned just by watching them. I don’t think they realized just how much of a thinker I was as a kid and how much I was taking in.

They were sweet supportive parents and precious loving grandparents and they balanced it by both being such goofballs.

Watching my dad as a minister was life shaping, I watched my parents tirelessly serve in churches. Sometimes encouraged by others and sometimes criticized.

My sister went on to marry a minister and follow in their footsteps. but I did not and I’m not sure why. But I have come to see Jeremiah 29:11 clearly --that God has a personal plan for each of us. So with their legacy of love, I have vowed to myself and God to show my children and grandchildren this devotion. I have also chosen to follow in my father’s footsteps in the ministry. I’m not sure what that will look like - but that’s not important. I’m just so incredibly thankful and blessed to have them as my parents. If more people had parents like this, it would change the world. April, 1956-April, 2016
LynnG and jenn mccabe like this.
    • bestcee
      This is wonderful. I love that you scrapped your parents relationship, and what you learned by watching them. It's beautiful to read.
    • wombat146
      So very powerful, touching and just beautiful! thanks for sharing such lovely memories with us.
      KittyY likes this.
    • Tree City
      This is a beautiful tribute to your parents' love and is also a kind of introspective page for you and your upbringing, which sounds like a tribute to your parents as well. Thank you for sharing.
      KittyY likes this.
    • JillW
      Goodness, your page and journaling is absolutely heartwarming and beautiful!! What a blessing to have witnessed the love and devotion your parents had for each other and for God ... Your page is a beautiful tribute to them and testament to the person you have chose to become ...!
      KittyY likes this.
    • JillW
      Goodness, your page and journaling is absolutely heartwarming and beautiful!! What a blessing to have witnessed the love and devotion your parents had for each other and for God ... Your page is a beautiful tribute to them and testament to the person you have chose to become ...!
    • Meredith78
      Beautiful. What a story to have recorded for others to read.
      KittyY likes this.
    • Sokee
      Your journaling is a treasure! What a beautifully created layout! Touches me deep down where it matters most!
      KittyY likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Team Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    KittyY
    Date:
    Nov 2, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    203.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).