Cherylndesigns

The Night I Beat My Dad With A Hanger!

The Night I Beat My Dad With A Hanger!
Cherylndesigns, Jul 23, 2021
Description:
This really happened! It has gone down in history as one of our favorite family stories. Lesson learned? Don't scare me and don't get me cornered, because I'll come out swinging.

The 3 papers I used: LBW Witching Hour; Word Arts: LBW Witching Hour: Circles Used: LBW Witching Hour, LBW Halloween Flair; Journal Card - Witching Hour; Paints: The Witching Hour; Mummy - found free on the internet; Font: Monk Gothic.
trekmom likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Oh wow! I'd be terrified too. Great choice of elements to tell your story.
    • Donitab
      Lol - hilarious story - great use of elements to illustrate it
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt I was scared witless, obviously! I had to tell this story! (I'm glad I'm not the only one.)
      trekmom and mcurtt like this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Donitab It IS hilarious now. I was laughing while I wrote it. Dad never forgot that night, either.
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      This is such a great story! A keeper for sure. I love everything about this page. I love that you didn't use Halloween colors for this and the subdued colors are so much better. Your poor dad, learned a lesson, didn't he? My husband pulled a prank on me once, only once.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @trekmom Thanks for your great comments! I deliberately didn't use Halloween colors, so thanks for noticing that. I used the skull, but tried to keep it neutral. It was in the middle of the day and wasn't even Halloween. My sister was just always up to something and she was behind the whole prank! Yeah, he only did it once. They all have learned over the years to not corner me, too. So, you had one experience like that too???
    • flowersgal
      Too funny, @Cheryl! You were one tough cookie then (still?). Guess one learns quickly not to mess with you. Too bad it wasn't your sister who dressed up as the mummy since she started the whole thing. Super cute layout to match your story and your font choice is perfect.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal Thanks, Patsy. LOL I don't know what happens to me when I get cornered - a switch just "flips". Yes, too bad it wasn't my sister. There were lots of times I would have liked to have beaten her with a hanger. (Still are.) She loved to "torture" all of us! Grrrrrr
    • G.J.
      I think your dad was glad seeing that you're able to defense yourself, my first thought was, too bad the sister didn't dressed up as the mummy, she really deserved a good hit, seems she didn't be an emphatic girl. Coming back to the layout, love how you paired the story and the elements, great take on the challenge.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @G.J. Thanks so much for your fun comments! She's still mean and deserves to be smacked. She never changed. I'm so happy that you like my layout and story.
      G.J. likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    269.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).